 Off-Topic / Debate / 15452
Re: scalpers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2002 02:36:55 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Kirby Warden writes:
In lugnet.market.shopping, Renard Graham writes:
If you saw my posts in the thread "Target Lies and Great Buys"

http://news.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=8840

I said I would tell the story of my local Target and the Life on Mars 7317.

So you're a scalper.

Not really.  If he was a scalper, he would be outside the store, selling the
sets to frustrated people who didn't find them inside.  Scalpers insert
themselves as middlemen where there is no added value.

Renard was reselling these to a different market (eBay), which is added
value.  From his account, he was only ther once a week, which gives other
shoppers *plenty* of time to pick up their own.  The fact that there were
there, week after week, certainly implies there wasn't much local demand.

One of those opportunistic vermin.

Scalper= scum of the earth.

I'm not so vehement in my opinion of scalpers, but I do agree that they're
pretty much bottom feeders with little or no regard for their fellows.
However, buying at a great discount, and reselling to a differnt market is
not scalping.  If you think it is, you'd better get on over to Brickbay and
start denouncing those scum of the earth, shouldn't you?

$0.02

James