 Marketplace / Shopping / 8859
Re: FOTY, at least for me.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 23:52:16 GMT

In lugnet.market.shopping, Eric Brouwer writes:
I see.  So it's ok because they are a big business.  My mistake.

But wait a second...  If some little old lady who's husband died and left
her a nice chunk of change decides to sell their mint, classic, low milage
Caddie becuase she doesn't drive for $500, you should buy it too, huh?  In
her mind, the car only cost $2000 new 50 years ago.  And besides, she has
money still.

snip

What about when someone finds a rare set the TRU or Walmart (or whoever)
puts out a set that they had sitting in their warehouse for years and they
mark it down and place it in their clearance area, should we tell them they
can get more for it because it is a collectible? Just a hypothetical, and I
wouldn't buy the Caddie from the old lady, they're not as fun as Legos :)