 Instructions / *361 (-100)
  Instructions for the Cathedral Board Game

Well I got around to creating instructions for my version of the Cathedral board game. Here they are: (URL) Orginal thread about this game is here: (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.glug) !!

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available - Comma's and Dots

(...) I use the Dutch version of Win98 SE, too. Having this 'local settings' problem with more tools (including my primitive generation Excel sheet) I changed the local settings on my pc to '.' as decimal seperator and ',' as thousand seperator. (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available - Comma's and Dots

Once again: thanks. This is getting better all the time. Now to get a hang of creating callouts... Another thing, I think I posted this before or replied directly to Kevin: Having a Dutch operating system, Win98 SE, the decimal dots change to (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Building Instructions Portal down for maintenance

(...) Hi Jake, Thank you for making these helpful changes to the B.I. Portal. The instructions are organized well in their new subcategories and the site does not feel as cluttered. Do you have any interest in hosting or providing space for (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) But aren't we all interested in being able to make nice compact printable versions of our building instructions? IMO EPS and PDF are ideal formats for that. And since it is reasonably trivial to convert EPS to PDF, it makes sense to make the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Building Instructions Portal down for maintenance

(...) We are back up and running with several new features: * Featured Building Instructions * Improved category structure * Minor bug fixes * Improved error checking Thanks for your patience! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

Would you be able to add a BOM generator? The current version allows for a BOM, but only after rendering all of the steps. When I am in a hurry, I like to print a graphical BOM, grab the pieces I need and build the model later when I have more time. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) I know I know... just razzin ya >;-) I love the stuff you've come out with so far. It's nothing short of revolutionary for the LDraw community. Please, keep it up! -Tim (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) Tim, I'm not going to put your individual need ahead of features that are useful to all. So quit bugging me about EPS or I may *never* do it ;^) It is no where near the tops of my list. (...) Thanks! (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) I'm really looking forward to this :-) I regret that I haven't had the time recently to play with the new LPub. I should download it on my spare machine and play there. I can't wait to see the new features you have in store! (ahem, EPS output, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

(...) I meant this example: (URL) Kevin (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  LPub 2.2.0.0 Available

In the previous version of LPub I released some prototype new features for creating "callout" images, which are images of small assembly contruction, all tiled together into a single image, like this: (URL) this (URL) above callout image generation (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Building Instructions Portal down for maintenance

Just a quick heads up that the B.I. Portal ((URL) will be down for some much needed maintenance. We should be back up and running late tomorrow night. When we come back online, you will see several new things, including more form error checking, (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

I've decided to keep the original two formats and add a third. Processing of the new layout layer of LPub must be done in either bitmap or PNG, because composite images made of JPEGs end up having the barground color change all over the place. I can (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

(...) That's what I thought too, but it actually takes up to 48-bit color and 16 bit grayscale images. (URL)With all that said I agree that .PNG only support is fine, there are many (...) Exactly my thoughts. PNG-only support will simplify the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

(...) That's because your machine needed to uncompress the PNG (unlike BMPs), and it had more information in it than a JPG, I believe. (...) BMPs are not compressed on disk - which is why they are huge to begin with, and compress to very very small. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

(...) I don't necessarily object because I can completely see where you are coming from. I will say though that recently in working with PNG in Photoshop, the PNG images took MUCH longer for Photoshop to deal with them. I'm not sure what was going (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Preview of multi-level callouts complete with pointers

(...) Well I guess the above "ascii draw" diagram didn't work too well with proportional fonts. Oh, well. (...) Per Jennifer Clark's recommendation in private, I'm going to convert the pointer units from pixels to scaling factors from 0 to 1, where (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

(...) If PNG is lossless that's fine but I'd prefer that BMP be continued to be supported as one can then convert it in a post process step to whatever one desires. I tend not to like to use JPG for discrete tone images like instructions, it's much (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

Recalling a bit of history... .PNG was to be the .GIF replacement (due too all the legal stuff around .gif) which is mostly for palletized graphics, in which case PNG is great. The PNG features that are beyond the .gif features do make a very handy (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HDpB2o.oBr@lugnet.com... (...) Not from me :-) I'm in the process of throwing JPEG out of BlockCAD (AnkerCAD, ???CAD), as this makes the program almost 250 kB smaller! The PNG (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

(...) not at all! PNG will support transparent background - right? that's all I need ;-) w. (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Preview of multi-level callouts complete with pointers

(...) The callouts are placed relative to outside edges or corners of the step image: Corners: TOP_LEFT TOP_RIGHT BOTTOM_LEFT BOTTOM_RIGHT Edges plus justification to the perpendicular edges TOP (LEFT, CENTER or RIGHT) BOTTOM (LEFT, CENTER or RIGHT) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HDpB2o.oBr@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) all (...) Nope. I have been converting all of my raw bitmaps to PNG with ImageMagick so this is a welcomed change from my (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Switching from BITMAP/JPEG to PNG

JPEG image format and the new callout capabilites in LPub (plus PLI background color non-white which I just fixed) are incompatible with JPEG because when you pack images together that are rendered with the same background color, not all the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

(...) (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.inst, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available

(...) Thanks Jake. I knew I was forgetting something. Kevin (...) levels. (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.8 Available

(Cross posting to .inst) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Build-a-Bot

(...) Congrats mate! Your worth the attention! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Build-a-Bot

Hey cool, I remember the announcement, but I didn't know it was featured on www.Lego.com ! (URL) by step instructions - Original Mech design by Eric Sophie (URL) on CD. (URL) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.7 Released

Hi Kevin, Thanks for all of your hard work on this program! I downloaded the new version last night, and noticed during installation that the version number shown on the first splash screen was for 2.1.0.6. -Joel (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  LPub 2.1.0.7 Released

Hi All, I only posted this to announce, but thought wiser. I've released LPub 2.1.0.7 for general use. It contains a few new minor features, but more importantly there are fixes to the combination of rotation steps and buffer exchange, as well as (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Happy Halloween Models

A&M LWorks is pround to bring you yet another BI! It's a little late or a bit early depening on how you see it but here are some fun models that you can build with your kids. See the history page for more info on the models. Without further adue A&M (...) (22 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  New E-mail address

Dear fellow LEGO fans, I am sending this message to the groups I regularly read and post to, because since today my E-mail address that I used to post with no longer exists! It was jmolen@globalxs.nl... :-( My new adres will be jmolen@zonnet.nl and (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.inst, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Congratulations Michael Epley!

I would like to announce that Michael Epley has won the Building Instructions Portal contest! Once the site reached 400 instructions, I selected a random "token" (based on uploads and donations). Michael was the lucky winner of a MISB Model Team (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.biportal) !

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) Jake, generating thumbnails automatically is actually pretty easy to do. There are several ways of doing it, depending on your OS, etc. Even if you are not able to generate them on your server, it's still easy to set something up. If you're (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

A big *ME TOO* !!! Thanks to everyone who looked! And thanks to Jake for making this great web-site! e (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) Ask Kevin Loch how he generates the Brickshelf thumbnails... ROSCO (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) How about resizing the images via code. i.e. look at the dimensions of the image and scale it down to meet your requirements. I guess it depends on the type of code you are working in, I know that Java has something, (I believe its part of the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) I have thought about that a lot. The problem is that it increases the amount of time I have to moderate... meaning, what if someone submits an image that is 4mb? Do I reject it and then go back and forth via email to explain why? Or do I open (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) as long as i'm not the only one on the list :) (...) how about hosting the thumbnails? each thumbnail should be in the range of 2.5kb, so even at 1000 instructions, you'd be under 5mb. (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:HB74q9.7tv@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) incredible, for such a humble model, too! Thanks to everyone who looked! Huw (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) Very good ideas. So what would be interesting is a way that users could upload a text file or something that contains description data for the parts... something more "formalized" than a simple dump from MLCad, but not much more than that. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.brickshops)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) Noted and added to the list. I have noticed this problem too, and really the key is that I need to add the ability to add an instruction to more than one category. This is a major requirement and first step. Once that's done, then I need to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) Hi Jake, I don't know how hard this would be, but how about a searchable flag or label for instructions that are alternate models from another set or set(s)? This would be good for folks who are looking to see what neat models they can build (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) you asked, so here it goes :) there seem to be a lot of instructions mis-categorized, like lots of vehicles directly under town, instead of being in the vehicle sub-category. i realize that this is a big job, so here's the idea -- how about (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) << Major great ideas snip-o-rama >> Jason, great point, and thanks for the suggestions. I will try to figure out a good way to get this changed up. You are probably right, the nav might be a bit hidden. So on this front, what else would you (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) Jake - this is great news, but can I suggest something that may up it even more? I think to casual viewers, it's not always obvious that there are sub-categories. The list on the right-hand-side isn't particularly prominent, particularly if (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) OK, I did some digging last night and found the problem. When I upgrade the server software, I overlooked a bug in Netscape that causes problems. Fortunately, it is a common bug and I just need to get some time to fix it. (...) Have fun! Jake (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

When the B.I. Portal first appeared as the LUGNET Site of the Week, the link was something like, (URL) . That just linked to some business site, so I emailed LUGNET to tell that that the link wasn't to Bricks on the Brain. The next day the link was (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

(...) Sorry you are having problems. I'm not having problems pulling the site up and you are the first person I have heard this complaint from. That being said, let's try to figure out what's up. Can you tell me what browser you are using? What URL (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

You almost make it sound like the Portal is working. Ever since it was the Site of the Week, the link to the B.I. Portal has forwarded to (URL) and given a "page cannot be found" error. What's up? (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

Yay! Glad to hear it :-) I *still* haven't uploaded something either! Keep bugging me - the Harrier LDraw file is now 2yrs in the waiting, I know! :P -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst)

  A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

All, Today was a landmark day for the Building Instructions Portal...today we surpassed 100,000 click thrus! (URL) more than 100,000 occasions, a user of the B.I. Portal has searched for an instruction, clicked the link to that instruction, and then (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !

  A&M LEGO Place open again with new BIs, poems, and more...

After a week of being off-line A&M LEGO Place is officially open once again. We have several new goodies for everyone. ***...*** NEW BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS First off we have made another set of building instructions uploaded. We are honoring a very (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) I have a small problem with LPub: I tried to modify background color of generated images (to match my site colors), this works fine for construction steps images, but part list and bom images keep on using a white background. And a little (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) I have a small problem with LPub: I tried to modify background color of generated images (to match my site colors), this works fine for construction steps images, but part list and bom images keep on using a white background. And a little (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  5935 instructions

Hi all ! Would it be possible to send me the instruction scans of the 5935 (Dino Island Aircraft) set ? Thanks. Rene virsik@sco.svf.stuba.sk (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Hi Richard, Thanks for the nice note. It is always nice to be appreciated. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Save your valentines with this BIs

Sorry about this but that last message was NOT ready to go. I sent the draft version of the annoucemnet prior to proofing. =) -AHui ***...*** Don’t know what to get your loved one for valentines? Well we got the answer! With only 48 hours left A&M (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Save your valentines with this BIs

Don’t know what to get your loved one for valentines? Well we got the answer! With only 48 hours left A&M Productions is proud to present a new set of building instructions by entitled Be Mine Sculptor! This sculptor is a creation of Tony Hafner and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad, lugnet.publish, lugnet.build, lugnet.general)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, I just wanted to say WOW! This program just gets better and better. I don't know what you have done to this build of LPub, but it's the first build that I have been able to use straight away without first having to negotiate around mini bugs (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  B.I. Portal reaches 300 instructions!

Today was another landmark for the B.I. Portal... we reached 300 uploaded instructions! We are quickly approaching the 400 instruction number...at which time, we will give away a 5563 Model Team Racing Truck! In an ongoing effort to help build and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Build-a-Bot CDs

I made some updates to the Build-a-Bot Page Links on my site, have a look: (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.inst, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Steven, I think it was a fair question, not a stupid one. Please *don't* shut up. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Worked like a charm. Shoot...I should have thought of that. Boy do I feel stupid. Sorry about that! I'll shut up now. -- Steven (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Steven, In LPub Steps, Generate, uncheck Construction Images, then use Generate->Instruction Images menu item. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) OK...I'm new to editing .DAT files (although this is an area I would like to improve). That was just too cool. I used LDraw Design Pad, removed the lines under the wire stub area, previewed the image (using the LDView button) and the wire was (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Yep, we sure have! I'm finding it incredibly useful for my multiple projects right now. Thanks again, Kevin, for your hard work with this! (...) And we're all better for it that you are :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

(...) Thanks Steve! Tim Courtney and I have been putting LPub through its paces trying to get stuff ready for BricksWest. I finished up building instructions for a pneumatic adding machine, and Tim has got some of his own tricks up his sleeve. I (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Steven, My bad. 880A.DAT is an LSynth part that I failed to add to the setup list. You can make one of your own by copying 880.DAT to 880A.DAT. Edit 880A.DAT and remove the electric cord stub. I'll add it tto the distribution. Thanks, Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, Quick technical question. When I try to use the part 2982C02.DAT ~Electric Light Sensor (Complete Assembly Shortcut without wire) I receive a "File 880A.DAT not found! Continue loading?" error. When I respond yes, it loads the sensor but (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

Kevin, Boy, you continue to make a great program even better! Thanks for all of your time updating LPub. It has become my new best friend when documenting student instructions. I used it yesterday and save for a few little quirks, free software just (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

As is often the case, I gave an incomplete URL. Try this: (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Hyperdrive Booster Ring Instructions

For those interested, I finally found the time to finish instructions for my Hyperdrive Booster Ring. You can find the LDRAW file, parts list and PDF instructions here: (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H915Bq.JGC@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) it (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I am not a Perl weenie - I have done a little with it but by no means would I consider myself versed enough to sit (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H90qHs.CCn@lugnet.com... (...) I have found that putting a shadowless light _exactly_ at the camera point makes sure there are no visible areas showing only the 'ambient' color. In (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

(...) Great! <snip> (...) Uh... I was going to suggest this but LPub doesn't support them (blush ;-) Time to add *that* to the wish list. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

Mike, Thanks for the input on TCL. My bias towards perl is primarily because I know perl ;-) I've learned a *lot* of computer languages in my life, so it is no big deal to learn another. I'd guess that TCL is easier to graft into an application. It (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

OK got some stuff figured out... Color 295 looks close to Sand Green, its on the second page of colors after 256, top row last color. Sand green ~= gray + green ==> 7 + 2*16 + 256 = 295. See .dat and .pov examples below. Notice that the color table (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H90rrv.GHJ@lugnet.com... (...) Sure. While I prefer Tcl[1], any scripting solution would be a very welcome addition. If Perl makes it easier for you to introduce this functionality then (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H90qHs.CCn@lugnet.com... (...) I suspected as much when I really started to look at it after you noted that you were using a shadowless light source. [ ... snipped ... ] (...) of (...) (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

Here's some interesrting reading that dosen't answer the question but is very related (just trying to keep a path for historical sake). The thread wanders, but from here down is about CLUTs and MLCad custom (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

Mike, Can I offer embedded perl as a counter offer to Tcl? Perl is a very powerful language for manipulating text files. Kevin (...) [snip] (...) I really like the post processing idea for the items listed, especially the images, because it would (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

Mike, In the first image, there are no shadows. What you see are reflections. The reflection of the smoke stack on the top of the engine compartment looks like a shadow because the smoke stack is darker than the abient light you see other places. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H90Moo.MrA@lugnet.com... (...) into (...) I (...) etc, (...) Let's add a Tcl scripting interface! Actually, it isn't a bad idea. I would think some of the processing steps I am thinking (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H90L2r.HM2@lugnet.com... (...) 2.0.1.5 (...) [ ... snipped ... ] That is good news. I suppose I should look closer at the generated POV code before making assumptions! It must be the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  LPub support for external POV post processors (was Sand Green)

Mike, I like the external POV post processor idea a lot, although I'll try not to use it as a catch all for denying LPub enhancements ;-) It would be a command line mechanism with command line arguments. I can see these things being possibly useful (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

Mike, LPub has always used shadowless lights for building instructions. 2.0.1.5 also has the ability to override ambient, diffuse and specular reflections default values created by L3P. I now turn reflections off, set ambient to 0.7 and diffuse to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

(...) Well, tried that and still nothing. Also tried changing the L3P color to Sand Green, and still nothing. Anyone else have any ideas? Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

"Kevin Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H8zv6n.n1z@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) using (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I have a include file that I use for lighting. It defines a shadowless light source that (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

(...) LPub already post processes the POV files quite a bit, so doing some more might not be a bad thing. I've thought about providing for a list of simple text substitutions, that are blindly applied to the POV file, but these would be limited to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

When you use LPub, try to specify a color other than gray in the L3P->Model configuration tab. I've had some success with this method in L3P. Travis Dickinson (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:H8zqBB.8By@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] Wouldn't it be nice if LPub had a feature to allow some user interaction or automated process to run on the POV code (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

(...) I like the fact the it doesn't use the registry. This mean I can move the LDRAW directory around at will and have to worry about flargging Windows not being able to update itself. You would think something as basic as update all the registry (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

(...) without changing POV code. I have been using LPub (and loving it) and of course, can't modify the POV code. Is there a way to add Sand Green (and other custom colors for that matter) to the colors.inc file to avoid this? Or some other (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

I agree that it should ask. For example I keep my LDraw files in C:\Program Files\LDraw and MLCAD in C:\Program Files\MLCAD. It was a little awkward to set up, but it works great. If LDraw used a proper Windows installer then this wouldn't be an (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LSynth 2.0 Available

(...) Another issue is the ownership of the changes. Do you wish to require authors who contribute changes to assign ownership of the changes to you? If you do not, then the program becomes partly owned by you and all whose code you have accepted (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Sand Green and POV

(...) Yeah, I didn't think that it was an Lpub issue, most certainly a POV issue. I am really curious hwo to fix this without resorting to using L3P and POV without Lpub. I've become addicted! :) Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Buffer Exchange and Ghost parts

Øyvind, I don't think there is a way around this situation in MLCAD. I added PLIST BEGIN IGN meta-command to LPub, to ignore the second occurrence of parts, but I know of no way to do this in MLCAD. Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.inst)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact