 Instructions / 322
Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 22:48:04 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Jerry Sievert writes:

how about hosting the thumbnails?  each thumbnail should be in the range of
2.5kb, so even at 1000 instructions, you'd be under 5mb.

I have thought about that a lot. The problem is that it increases the amount
of time I have to moderate... meaning, what if someone submits an image that
is 4mb? Do I reject it and then go back and forth via email to explain why?
Or do I open photoshop and fix it? What if I don't get what they were hoping
for? Do I have to go back and forth via email to explain?

Of course, if more moderators get involved, this is a different issue.

But what other possibilities are there to solve this? Anyone?

Jake

---
Jake McKee
LEGO Enthusiast