 Instructions / 318
Re: A big day for the Building Instructions Portal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 20:40:32 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Jerry Sievert writes:

you asked, so here it goes :)

there seem to be a lot of instructions mis-categorized, like lots of vehicles
directly under town, instead of being in the vehicle sub-category.  i realize
that this is a big job, so here's the idea -- how about some sort of moderation
system, or even appoint a few people that have the ability to do some cleanup,
like an editor, that's able to move things around, fix copy, etc.

Noted and added to the list. I have noticed this problem too, and really the
key is that I need to add the ability to add an instruction to more than one
category. This is a major requirement and first step. Once that's done, then
I need to figure out how to moderated, or bring in help. Should I put your
name on the list? ;)

i've also noticed quite a few broken pictures -- not really sure what to do
about those.

Yeah, that's another problem that I have some ideas, but haven't had a
chance to address. I need an admin tool for myself to kick off a valid
link/image check. Then once the test has run, automatically send emails to
the uploaders and let them know that there is a problem. Since the B.I.
Portal is (at its core) a link database, that's the only solution I can
think of.

Thanks for the thoughts!

Jake

---