 General / 5282
Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 20:49:42 GMT

I think this is a terrific idea.  I like the idea of a separate newsgroup
for discussions and voting.  If a new group is not possible, then we
should agree on a group where we can all get together and talk about
naming.  I also like the idea of voting on the best name and using it
as the standard.

I would definitely participate in this discussion and would adhere
to the agreed-upon names in my inventory postings.

Unfortunately (or fortunately as the case may be) I'll be leaving
tomorrow on a road trip through northern California, Oregon, Idaho
and Montana and will be Internetless for the next 2 weeks.  SO ...
I expect you will all have hashed this out and vigorous naming
discussions will be in progress when I return!

Play fair and play well.

John C.

In lugnet.admin.database, Gary R. Istok writes:

Sybrand Bonsma wrote:

In lugnet.admin.database, Selçuk Göre writes:
[SNIP]

What 's your opinions?
[SNIP]

Personal opinions: start with comparing the nomenclature that is used
in LDraw,
Auczilla and the set inventories here on LUGNET. When pieces are named
identical in all three systems this should be adapted, otherwise there
should be a voting.

[SNIP]

Maybe a piece Lexicon/Glossary would make a great addition to LUGNET.

Let's clear up the nomenclature!