 CAD / Development / 2247
Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 00:09:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
[...]  Some ideas that come to mind are:

1. Don't include images in the right-hand frame.  Instead, have a list
part-names, with each linking to a separate page with that part's image.
[...]

It would be bad to put each image on a seperate web page. Right now I depend on
printed parts catalogs, and having all the images on one page allows me to
print them out quickly. If the parts were each on their own page it would make
the site almost useless as a catalog.

Even if you aren't printing, think how much work it would be to
click-click-click through all the images on the site.

Of course, I'm not opposed to adding additional pages so that people can access
the data in different ways. Just make sure you don't eliminate the format we
have now.

- Robert