 Database / Brictionary / 4
Re: Newsgroup for this (was Re: The Bricktionary project)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 1999 20:39:12 GMT

In many newsgroups on lugnet, Jim Hughes wrote:

In lugnet.admin.database, Steve Bliss writes:

And it's not actually part names, but a parts identification database,
right?  Having standard/prefered names is good, but it's the pictures (and
maybe schematics) that actually identify the part.

Steve, I totally agree what is needed is a complete classification/taxonomy
system so you can find a part. The naming component is useful and interesting
but this project should be a parts database not just a name database.

If the classification is structured correctly not only should you be easily
able to find a given part but it should be easy to see similar parts oe see the
progression of a given part type from its most basic form to its most complex
form. something like this would help a pretty wide viriety of users.

Jim
hughesj@one.net