 General / 5339
Re: Idea: How starting to work for a unique Lego piece naming convention?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Jul 1999 18:26:25 GMT

[Good idea snipped]
What 's your opinions?

It's long overdue.  There are a few hitches.  The main problem, in my mind
is "What do we do about parts we aren't ready to deal with yet?"  In other
words, what about parts that aren't in LDraw yet, or haven't been sold
through AucZILLA.

I think this is very important. I was working several hours this weekend on my
Ninja set part inventories for my Ninja pages on BayLUG.
(http://baylug.org/ninja/Sets.html)

I was having difficulty describing the parts, and went out to AUCZILLA X to
find the "official" names of the parts. I also spent hours creating images for
colors I could not find and pieces.

I thought to myself, "It would be great if someone had a page of very well
organized pieces with names and ldraw generated images that I could link to
instead of doing all the work myself (which I did)."

I also discovered that there were no standard names for a lot of the unique
ninja pieces, (which I why I am setting up a specific parts page with suggested
names)

(http://baylug.org/ninja/Parts.html)

I would love it if we could all figure out a way to solve these problems
because I am sure that there are a lot of duplicates of these part images out
on the net that could be centralized.

Just my two cents