 General / 5283
5282  |  5284
Subject:
are flexible technic axles really axles?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 21:38:08 GMT

Can the new flexible technic axles, as seen in ZNAP sets and some
new technic sets, such as 8448, actually be use as axles? From some
pictures in the new S@H andretail catalogs, it seems fairly clear to me
that there are
1. short round axle-diameter disks towards the ends that won't allow
   axle-compatible parts to be slid on unless those are really soft, and
2. rod-diameter ends such that there's no usable crossaxle attachment
   even at the end.

And if that's so, these axles are just yet another (non-)decorative
bendable cheap part (apart from maybe transmitting a pushing force
better than flex hoses), and there's no axle-ness to them at all...

Is that so?