 General / 5286
Re: are flexible technic axles really axles?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 6 Jul 1999 22:01:05 GMT

G. Benedikt Rochow wrote:

Can the new flexible technic axles, as seen in ZNAP sets and some
new technic sets, such as 8448, actually be use as axles? From some
pictures in the new S@H andretail catalogs, it seems fairly clear to me
that there are
1. short round axle-diameter disks towards the ends that won't allow
   axle-compatible parts to be slid on unless those are really soft, and
2. rod-diameter ends such that there's no usable crossaxle attachment
   even at the end.

I have 8445 in hand. If you mean the long yellow bent things on each
side of the cockpit in that set's cover picture, I confirm that both
numbered assertions above are true.

These are quite rubbery, but even so, forcing them into a cross axle
hole (I tried a bit with one) will damage them, they're not rubbery
enough to fit through.

lugnet.