 General / *1400 (-100)
  Re: Hmm

(...) not (...) It wouldn't stand out in the box/catalog pictures. Eric (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG Marketing

(...) Makes perfect sense to me. If the new sets were in before christmas, the old sets wouldn't be sold as much as they (should) do now. In the Netherlands, the larger portion of all toy sales are in december. So in december most of *current year (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Juniorization of other themes?

Hold onto your hats: palm trees are now THREE PIECES. I picked up the River Expedition set, and was very annoyed to make this discovery. There is a one-piece trunk with base, a one-piece four-frond top, and a standard round green tile to hold the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: upcoming books from Lego

(...) I still haven't seen these in stores yet, but they are available through Amazon now. I got the Mummy one last week. I am putting together a review which will include a few snipits from inside. The rest of my BaseplateBooks site is still in the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Ok... I'm a newbie to newsgroups, and I have the Mindstorms. Been looking for something like this for a while but never figured out how to do it. In fact I'm still not sure how I got OutLookExpress to do this. If anyone can help me I'd be greatly (...) (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) Yes, I would. Especially if it would encourage newer people to participate. (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tcplog: auth connection attempt from lugnet.com

(...) I don't know what an "autho connection attempt is" but maybe NT doesn't like reverse domain lookups? [followups set to lugnet.admin.general] --Todd (26 years ago, 14-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Gray Version of Yellow Castle

(...) 1991's Pirate System set 6273 Rock Island Refuge had ONE of these in grey. It would have been pretty expensive to buy four just for this usage, though. :-) Or were you referring to dark grey for everything? -- joshua (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  tcplog: auth connection attempt from lugnet.com

Hi Todd! just a small question... I've got a firewall under Linux for a while now, and every time I us my (Agent on NT) news-client, I get a message on my Firewall that says: "tcplog: auth connection attempt from lugnet.com" I don't know what this (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  My FOTW

I just picked up two 5571 Model Team Big Reg's at the Local Zany Brainy for 79.99 each. Woohoo I have had one on my wish list for a long time. If I had more cash I would go buy a few more :). Nice model by the way - however it seems less solidly (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36731218.267284352@...et.com>... (...) It works, so yeah. Moz (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Catalogue

(...) Anyway, isn't most train stuff *NOT AVAILABLE IN ANY STORE* (only available through the S@H catalogue or at the LIC stores) Aren't both 4559 and 4565 being replaced in 1999? There is a chance yet that a decent-looking train will be released. (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  IMPORTANT - RTL Geek Code - Please Respond

I know this isn't RTL, but I have had trouble posting there, even w/Dejanews. I would like permission/feedback on this: The Lego Maniac's Webring is getting a new members' area in a few months. It will have interactive message boards/commerce, etc (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

"Robert M. Dye" wrote: Speaking as someone who could dominate an "unlimited" category from sheer volume, if only I had time and creativity, (1) I think Robert's spot on. Categories could include all the following: - no more than X instances, no (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  A Decent Town Jr. Set

I finally got my hands on a 6329 Truck Stop. Although I hate Town Jr., this one is not too bad. The building is small but functional and the vehicles are not as bad as most other Town Jr. ones. I really like the drive-thru window. I think in general (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TLG Marketing

(...) Maybe they did release a bunch and they were all gone. That's what has already happened around here. Most of the new stuff I saw Thursday is pretty much gone from Target and Shopko. (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Legoland Carlsbad Annual Pass

I got a mailer from Carlsbad. The short version is Annual Passes are $99.00 for adults. Call 1-877-534-6767 Ext. 101 now. First 5000 are invited to a soft opening on 14 March 1999. Order before 15 January 1999 and get the Legoland California truck (...) (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

(...) Well, except for rc cars, this goes for all 9V lego, doesn't it? :) Anyway, I have a Train regulator, does that count? :) Jasper (26 years ago, 13-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

Richard Dee wrote in message ... (...) Um, it was pretty trivial to make my one right hand drive. Did you completely build yours first or something? Moz, who always makes RHD versions (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  TLG Marketing

I have just returned from TRU in Kennesaw Georgia. I went there because of the report that 1999 adventurers were there. They had the large set, the big Aztec Temple set. That answers that question, anyway. They are Aztec, not Mayan or Incan. Cool. (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 Catalogue

(...) The full range catalogue ( apart from the eight Star Wars sets not able to be shown yet ) for New Zealand should be released in late January / early February. I believe the UK catalogue may be earlier. Grahame Reid (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Just an idea with Darth Vader

(...) ROFL! That would be an excellent thing for someone to do as a theme once SW comes out! Great idea... :) -tim (URL) - Coming Soon! (URL) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  1999 Catalogue

I would like to ask a question on the 1999 catalogue presented at (URL) is the _SYSTEM_ catalogue, right? So we haven't really seen the _full_ 1999 LEGO catalogue yet, have we? The catalogue presented on the URL above does not have any PRIMO, DUPLO, (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Just an idea with Darth Vader

Hi There! Sorry if this was already up, but I've been away a few days and skipped over most of the messages now..... But I have a small idea: If the helmet of Darth Vader is in two pieces [1], we can take just the helmet without the face part, put (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) My sincerest, humblest apologies....... I usually read NG's quite late into the night, so 'tis easy for me to misinterpret statements. (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

I would love to rebuild the 8480 and put it on my desk! I have slowly been re-engineering the 8880 for right-hand drive, with the hopes of bringing it in, just don't have anywhere to store it at night.... Lee Jorgensen wrote in message (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: TECHNIC 8448

(...) That is a pretty sharp model. It does look a lot like a 'vette. Those are new wheels and tires, aren't they? And it appears that the piece count will be quite a bit less than the original supercar. -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) Ratracing? Wouldn't this raise the ire of animal activists? :-) -- Terry K -- (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

Rene Virsik wrote in message ... (...) 6 AA. But you're better IMO using an AC adaptor, either by getting a control centre or Mindstorms unit :), or making one yourself using a 9V plug-pack and a little ingenuity. Moz (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) It would be a good thing for me, I have trouble with newsreaders - my Netscape one doesn't work anymore, and for some reason Dejanews doesn't either. (...) I dont' know if I agree with this. Can you restrict HTML and binaries since they are (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  RTL Geek Code

I know this isn't RTL, but I have had trouble posting there, even w/Dejanews. I would like permission/feedback on this: The Lego Maniac's Webring is getting a new members' area in a few months. It will have interactive message boards/commerce, etc (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Bring Your (Favorite) Minifig To Work Day

(...) You mean AOL is allowing you to keep your Lego stuff at work? Wow... :) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) Wrong time to think of this, of course, but apologies if my coarse language offended anyone. Too enamored with the rough-and-tumble world of Usenet, I guess. ObLego: That was Sunnyvale TRU, for Bay Area readers. Kevin (I blame television! (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) The parallels (again, as with the first series) are amusing as hell. Come to think of it, some underground-type stuff would be cool to see in Adventurers. Saw the boxes today at TRU (most of the entire series). Very nice looking mostly-green (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bring Your (Favorite) Minifig To Work Day

Oh, DAMN, I forgot to bring one! Oh, wait, I already HAVE 100+ here ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer | (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  New Ninja Info!

OK, folks, I was on the phone with my favorite toy store today, trying to find out when the new Ninja sets would arrive. They didn't have an arrival date, but, I got the guy to give me names and prices. (I won't promise that these prices are MSRP - (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) S'cuze me, but try reading what I really said, rather than what you have read into it. I did NOT say that a good model has to have a lot of bricks; in fact, my favorite self-designed model is a spiral staircase, consisting of 2x6 plates, 1x2 (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  TECHNIC 8448

Heya all ! What do you think about this new TECHNIC set ? I like it ! But what do you think - what of mark is it ? In my opinion Chevrolett Corvette. It has this GMC sign in front part of model. What do you think ? Bye. Rene (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) amorphous (...) another (...) topic (...) submission, (...) hmmm, I have seen some other contests ran where while contest one is occuring the topics for contest two are allready available. This gives twice (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

Richard Dee wrote in message ... (...) smallest (...) I agree. In fact, when I first started playing with Lego's again I was trying hard to think of small things to build, figuring that I'd learn more in a quick time building lots of small projects (...) (26 years ago, 12-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) Wrong! Most of my best Technic creations were built when I had only the red motor, blue pneumatic and yellow flex sets! Now that I have 20 times that many bricks and pieces, it is soooo much harder for me to build anything decent! Too many (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) That sounds great. I wouldn't be worried about burnout as much as I would just not giving people enough time to work up and complete a design. But I think this works for that. (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

(...) Heya ! How many batteries needs this LEGO ? Thanx. Rene e-mail: virsik@usaf.org (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Speaking for myself, I feel RTL should not be carried here, and membership should be sought other ways (1). (...) I am not particularly sympathetic to this, and for me it is not a concern. (...) Too much work to configure two readers? But not to (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <36717CA7.4B0988A0@c...AM.com>... (...) They're great - I only have two, but for a while I had both assembled (built the alternate as well) and they're great models. The space shuttle is a lot of work to build, and (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) Similar. The clutches etc are, but the gear lever and H-plate are different. Moz (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

(...) Oh, ya, it has one micro, one big (oldstyle) regular motor, a BUNCH of gears, a big black turntable (the one you get from Dacta/Pitsco is grey) a boatload of black and white beams in all sizes, but especially long ones, some of those (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

(...) I have 4 or 5, I forget which (I think 5) 3 or 4, I forget which, went straight into my parts bins. I've never built one so can't say how the gear shifter works. Maybe over winter solstice holiday I will build one, but I doubt it, no time. I'd (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

I believe I have seen this posed before and it was confirmed to be the same setup as that on the Super Car 8880. It allows a shifting mechanism to engage one of four positions at a time. It uses a gear with teeth on the outside but allows a rod (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36715fd5.156096339@...et.com>... (...) I would like to add a question: Is the gear shifter the same as in the Super car? Same components (slipping clutch mech. or ver axle extenders)? LINC (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  8868 FOS space shuttle

Is the Space Shuttle worth getting? It looks like it has some cool stuff, but how many useful Technic parts are there? Gears? Motors? Beams? Thanks, jasper (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

(...) I once gave a windsurfing minifig to a professor (1) with a shark biting the board. He was very amuzed since he was an avid windsurfer. But the fun stuff happened latter. When students came to his office they would always figet with the (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

Earlier, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote stuff, most of which I agree with. (...) I don't think cross-posting all groups is a good idea. Particularly, groups like - lugnet.admin.database - lugnet.admin.statistics - lugnet.robotics - (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I'm against having it here too, but I'd prefer the messages NEVER expire. (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Anti-Lego People

(...) I don't consider you to be anti-Lego, Tony. You still have all your older sets, don't you? You're still participating in Lego discussions and such. I'd like to know what you think of Mindstorms, too. This set is made to promote building. There (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Gray Version of Yellow Castle

I noticed that the new Adventurer's Temple, set 5986, comes with 4 2x2x3 extreme slopes in dark gray. That gets us one step closer to making the 375 Castle in gray (which would look nice doncha think?) If only there was a set that had 2x2x3 extreme (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) Yes. (...) That's because we (I anyway) are slightly egoistic. It doesn't matter that much to me if RTL stays alive or not now that I'm mainly reading Lugnet. I expect that RTL'ers actually miss cross-posting from Lugnet because the "big guys" (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) Great to hear it. (...) And that is precisely the idea I'm looking for. I have already been warned of burning out the participants if competition rounds are too frequent. While I would like to have a number of rounds, burnout is a problem. To (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bring Your (Favorite) Minifig To Work Day

Todd Lehman wrote in message ... (...) I'm a student. Maybe I'll take him to my Chinese test. Maybe I should study for my Chinese test. Oh well, too late. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cog railways

Louise Belles wrote in message ... (...) Colorado. (...) gets to (...) Interesting ride. Pretty good view. Lousy doughnuts. Take it once, drive up if you go again. It's not like much is going to change (the tour guide's jokes sure don't). Don't (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

Kevin Johnston wrote in message ... (...) minifigs! (...) So, is this the "Temple of Doom" installment of the Adventurers series? Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bring Your (Favorite) Minifig To Work Day

(...) I've got my monkey minifig - does he count? :) Richard (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?

(...) I am against having Rec.Toys.Lego on the Lugnet server, but you decide to do this, could you make the messages expire after three weeks? This would give most of us a chance to recover from a computer crash, where it might take a little time to (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bring Your (Favorite) Minifig To Work Day

Reminder! Tomorrow, Friday, December 11 is Bring Your (Favorite) Minifig To Work Day :-) --Todd (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Credit Card Size Billboard

I finally got around to rendering this in LDRAW. If anyone is interested, the image may be seen at: (URL) (26 years ago, 3-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <366f974b.39204574@l...et.com>... (...) Well, no, not really. But it did take a very long time... Moz (and that's a Dilbertism <tm>) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Cog railways

Just a note to locate a few additional cog railways. There is one which takes you to the top of Pikes Peak, just west of Colorado Springs, Colorado. (Larry, that is 2.5 hours from Lakewood, without rush hour traffic.) I've never ridden this one (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anti-Lego People

Paulo Caparica Junior wrote in message <366F2F7B.1C3959C9@h...il.com>... (...) I've become one. I used to really love Lego, would buy it for gifts and recommend it to anyone who asked for a gift idea. However, I'm really not pleased with the (...) (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) I'd be happy to come up with a theme/prompt and offer a prize at some point. Sounds like a cool thing to get lots of people into, both as builders and judges, etc. (26 years ago, 11-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

(...) At least three of which were me. :) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) What are some construction ideas that people have that we could use for the contest. I have a couple of good ones, but I don't want to make them public until the competition starts. Anyone? Bueler? Bueler? Bueler? Scooter DML6@po.cwru.edu (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

Blowing my own horn here... BlockCAD is sooo easy to use, that even MY kids can build with it :-) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) M. Dye skrev i meddelandet <3664C248.5AA7@writeme.com>... (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

Robert M. Dye skrev i meddelandet <3664B9E7.6C9C@writeme.com>... (...) <plug> Or maybe "What can be built with BlockCAD?" :-) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

I NEVER BUILT the main model. I think the "bodywork" is UGLY. I built the alternate first, and haven't touched it since. Someday I'll rip it apart and built the alternate PROPERLY, with transmission and other extras, but it will take more parts, and (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What set was this in?

OK, um, has anyone got one they want to part out? Might as well JUST get the 2 pieces I need, rather than buying a set ;-) I'll buy it if I have to, but I don't need most of the pieces in that set, especially at $50. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Anti-Lego People

(...) I do sometimes overhear this sort of thing in stores, but other than that, I would say not really. It might just be the kind of people I know, but they tend to fall into one of two catagories: "Lego is cool!!!!" or "Uh, yeah, that's neat." (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Anti-Lego People

(...) My mom, until about two years ago... She was *always* stepping on the pieces. (I never left them out, of course. It must've been the same Lego Gremlin that now hides my most important pieces.) Cheers, - Sproat (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Merry Christmas everybody! (Now the page works too!)

I would like to wish You all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! My 'Christmas card' can really be seen at: (URL) now the pictures will show up also! Thanks Ben!!!) -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

Also sprach Moz (Chris Moseley): : I took an 8880 to work once. A cow-orker took it apart and built the : alternate model. ^^^...^^^ I'm assuming that's intentional. Did you get the new newsletter? / _ _ / _ _ It is said that the meek shall inherit (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Wall Street Journal on Lego Mindstorms

The Wall Street Journal has a nice (albeit technologically simplified) article today on Lego Mindstorms' popularity among adults. It's not, to my knowledge available on-line, and for copyright reasons I won't post it all here. But here's a couple (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hmm

I kind of like the looks of the alt-model for the 8880 ... (1) -Lee. (2) (1) - though, you brought the instructions to work as well? (2) - just testing out this footnote thingy ... :) (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Top Ten Bumper Stickers I'd Like to See

I WENT TO LEGOLAND AND ALL I GOT WAS A BRICK Gary GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) OK, I've been mulling this over for the last 24hrs. since I posted, and how does this sound. Photos of physical creations are definitely allowed as are cad drawings and hand drawings. The topics for the competition would be diverse. We'd have (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

(...) There's a prey-upon-the-type joke lurking in there, somewhere. Steve (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

(...) But very common for SW toys. For example: last year, Estes (model rockets) released several new SW rockets (and several re-releases): Star Destroyer, Y-Wing, Snow Speeder (I think--maybe an A-Wing?). ANYway, in their catalog, they didn't show (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "1999 sets are out" message on RTL

(...) Good: Since the X-Wing is (about) 32 studs wide, the 'Trench Set' comes with 1 gray 32x32 baseplate, 6 rectangular BURPS, and enough bricks to fill in the gaps (and maybe even build a turbo cannon[1] tower). Bad: 1 gray baseplate and 10 1x6x5 (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: "1999 sets are out" message on RTL

(...) More likely you'd get one CRAPP and a handlful of pieces with instructions for x sections of the trench, meaning you'd have to buy 10 or so to get the set! I'm sure TLG isn't that bad yet :) Richard (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sets...

(...) I didn't get it either the first 10 times I read it! :-( It wasn't until I repeated it aloud that I got it -- and then I really really groaned -- and then I really laughed hard!!! It's a great pun. [followups set to lugnet.off-topic.fun] (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

(...) Your point? Nothing actually _wrong_ with that, is there? Jasper (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sets...

Nicole Dente wrote in message <366F3482.70C6@heron.mv.com>... (...) Star (...) But I couldn't understand anything...:-( Selçuk (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: why the 1999 catalog images have moved

Janet Zorn wrote in message ... (...) You cannot see the messages posted to Lugnet in anywhere except from Lugnet itself. Lugnet is a privately owned disscussion group, and not connected to usenet in anyway. The only technical similarity is they (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 1999 comments

More completely random thoughts... (...) Ain't that odd? Appears in the main catalog, not in the 1-sheet. Also, the Snowspeeder is slightly different (flat vs. canted wings, plus a spot of red on the front in the 1-sheet version). Maybe the 1-sheet (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Sets...

(...) LIS in Orlando does phone orders-- credit card payment, UPS shipping. Just call and ask. 407-828-0065 Kevin (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Anti-Lego People

Paulo Caparica Junior wrote in message <366F2F7B.1C3959C9@h...il.com>... (...) I did, but I killed them in the name of all that is holy and good and Lego (is that redundant?). Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the (...) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Contest Ideas?

Moz (Chris Moseley) wrote in message ... (...) Maybe that has something to do with the fact that it's SUMMER down there? Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: lugnet.off-topic.debate

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) I think you both need to move this off-topic... :-P Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Contest Ideas?

Anders Isaksson wrote in message ... (...) Snow? Over here we're starting another sunny day. At 7am it's about 18 degrees Celsius heading for probably 25 this afternoon. Burn time a good 20 minutes I expect. Moz (actually, I'm not that fond of hot (...) (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hmm

Lee Jorgensen wrote in message <366D507E.E2A15714@u...st.net>... (...) I took an 8880 to work once. A cow-orker took it apart and built the alternate model. Moz (26 years ago, 9-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) That probably leaves out a lot of the kids...no? I know it leaves me out, pretty much. True, I can get LDRAW to run on my Mac, in emulation of a PC, but it is slow as cold molasses. Really, I think keeping it as low-tech as possible would be (...) (26 years ago, 2-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego Design Contest?

(...) Or you could make it all virtual - use LDraw or BlockCAD or Leocad. (26 years ago, 10-Dec-98, to lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact