 General / 1353
Re: 8868 FOS space shuttle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 20:12:24 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:

Is the Space Shuttle worth getting? It looks like it has some cool
stuff, but how many useful Technic parts are there? Gears? Motors?
Beams?

Thanks,

jasper

I have 4 or 5, I forget which (I think 5) 3 or 4, I forget which, went
straight into my parts bins. I've never built one so can't say how the
gear shifter works. Maybe over winter solstice holiday I will build one,
but I doubt it, no time.

I'd probably be willing to sell off the shifter assemblies from 2 of
them if I could determine what all the parts were without a lot of
trouble (that is, if I can rouse myself to look in the instructions!)
and if there was interest.

At 1/2 off, the most I've paid for one, I think this set is an excellent
source of parts. One went into my golf windmill (since torn down... I
don't seem to tear much down but that went.) but all of them are here in
CO now, waiting time to use them in a big movable bridge project.

I don't think I would pay full price for it, but I hardly ever do for
Technic. Technic is only a source of motion and large scale structural
strength for me... YMMV, especially if you're a Technic head.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.
- Libertarian. Atheist. Deal.