 General / 1399
Re: TLG Marketing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 08:27:09 GMT

Does this make sense to anyone?  It happens every year.  New sets
trickle in from December to January, and it's February before they are
in all the stores.  Wouldn't TLG make more money if on the day after
Thanksgiving their shelves were full of new, never-before-seen sets?

Makes perfect sense to me. If the new sets were in before christmas, the old
sets wouldn't be sold as much as they (should) do now.
In the Netherlands, the larger portion of all toy sales are in december. So
in december most of *current year sets* must be sold. During the year only a
small portion of the public buys LEGO sets just because (and when) they are
new.

Eric