 General / 1362
Re: Lego Design Contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:14:58 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
David Lukens <dml6@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
I have already been warned of burning out the participants if competition
rounds are too frequent.  While I would like to have a number of rounds,
burnout is a problem.  To counteract this I'm thinking of having an • amorphous
topic followed by two topics with piece and or size limitations then • another
large topic.  I'm also concidering making an entire round 6 weeks from • topic
announcement to announcing the winners.  one month of design and • submission,
then 1/2 a month of voting.  Does that sound a bit better?

That sounds great.  I wouldn't be worried about burnout as much as I
would just not giving people enough time to work up and complete a
design.  But I think this works for that.

hmmm, I have seen some other contests ran where while contest one
is occuring the topics for contest two are allready available. This gives
twice the time for people to work on a particular contest, and lets
people who do not like the current topic/goal move on to the next one.

--
Don Forth ( Klaatu )