 General / 1359
Re: Lego Design Contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 22:55:12 GMT

David Lukens <dml6@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
I have already been warned of burning out the participants if competition
rounds are too frequent.  While I would like to have a number of rounds,
burnout is a problem.  To counteract this I'm thinking of having an amorphous
topic followed by two topics with piece and or size limitations then another
large topic.  I'm also concidering making an entire round 6 weeks from topic
announcement to announcing the winners.  one month of design and submission,
then 1/2 a month of voting.  Does that sound a bit better?

That sounds great.  I wouldn't be worried about burnout as much as I
would just not giving people enough time to work up and complete a
design.  But I think this works for that.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Focused discussion groups for LEGO fans worldwide