 General / 1387
Re: Lego Design Contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 1998 05:58:46 GMT

"Robert M. Dye" wrote:
Speaking as someone who could dominate an "unlimited" category from
sheer volume, if only I had time and creativity, (1) I think Robert's
spot on. Categories could include all the following:

- no more than X instances, no limit on different element types (I.E.
500 part max)
- no more than X different elements, no limit on instances (I.E. no more
than 10 different part types... I have built interesting things indeed
from a relatively small number of different part types, see my blue box
car (no one ever guessed how many different part types it has, but it's
less than 10) on slushlist 4, I think it is..)
- no more than X instances and Y different elements.
- At least X percent is a specified color, or element type (how about a
contest where, for example, you were limited to 500 bricks and at least
1/2 of them had to be 2x4's AND you had a theme restriction such as
"vehicle" or something)
- anything goes, unlimited

I'm brainstorming...

1 - unless architecture was the theme, then Gary Istok walks all over
me, he has bazillions of windows more than me.

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.