 General / 1299
Re: Lego Design Contest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 03:54:17 GMT

David Lukens wrote:

I got thinking earlier about the feasability of a lego design contest...

Would anyone be interested in participating is such an endevour?  The time
period between a topic being released and voting would probably be a month.

I think this sounds like a fun idea, but it would be difficult to have a
level playing field. We would have newbies with maybe $50.00 worth of
bricks going up against folks with who knows how many. It doesn't seem
fair.

One way around this would be to have a limited subset of bricks for the
contest. For example, you could define the contest as being "What can be
built out of set #xxxx?" Maybe you could start with one of the $9-10
silver Freestyle buckets, or the small Freestyle set that goes for about
$6.00 US. In some cases, people would have to buy something to
participate, but if the prize is a set worth as much or more, I doubt if
anyone would sqawk. I know I'd take a turn providing the prize (if we
are talking a monthly thing), and I would bet there are othes who post
here who would do the same.

Rob