 General / 1348
Re: Should RTL be hosted on this server?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 11 Dec 1998 17:22:31 GMT

Earlier, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote stuff, most of which I agree with.

- Automatic cross-posting from all of the Lugnet groups to
  RTL.

I don't think cross-posting all groups is a good idea.  Particularly,
groups like
- lugnet.admin.database
- lugnet.admin.statistics
- lugnet.robotics
- lugnet.off-topic.debate
- lugnet.off-topic.fun
should not have automatic cross-posting into RTL.  But authors should be
allowed to cross-post, if they want.

- Automatic sorting of RTL articles into
  RTL.<lugnet-group> on Lugnet when the articles are
  following up on Lugnet originated articles posted to
  lugnet.<lugnet-group>. The remaining articles should
  be stored in RTL or RTL.misc (maybe with junk - according
  to the technical Lugnet definition - in RTL.junk).

If this could work, it would be *really* great.

Steve