 Events / BrickFest / *158 (-100)
  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

Hey! Thanks Larry! I don't know what else Christina had submitted, but I get the feeling one of Bram's pieces will be your final shirt though...and something like his one-brick design would translate wonderfully stitched on a polo, too. Matt (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GEo7Lt.B8B@lugnet.com... (...) collared (...) Tee (...) all (...) If someone needs a small production run of embroidered shirts, my sister (who lives near the LEGO Outlet at Potomac Mills) (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

(...) Here here! I for one would like to have the option to buy a polo or button up shirt. I can get ALOT more use out of it. Jake -- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

(...) I liked your stuff. The more "childlike" ones were better, I thought. But I have to reiterate my disdain for teeshirts and desire for a collared shirt instead/in addition. Collared shirts I can wear to casual clients. Tee shirts I can't... (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

(...) Still working on it... We hope to have an announcement soon. Christina Hitchcock www.brickfest.com WAMALUG.org (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!

I was just checking the rates from AAA.com and they have the Hilton for $62.30 if you use the "Hiltonsaver" plan. Looks like the only problem with this plan is that if you cancel you loose a one day deposit. jt Rate: Hiltonsaver Rate Is 30 Percent (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

Ah, what the heck! I'll post my own stuff (besides, I had my address and phone number on my entries...I'll remove them first). Matt (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

Christina (et al.), It's been several weeks since your deadline for the BrickFest t-shirt design competition. I was wondering if you had made a decision on the design yet? No matter what is chosen, I personally would enjoy seeing all of the entries (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest just around the corner

We currently have 95 people registered to attend this event. At the time of this post the deadline for registration is 7 days away and there are only 34 days left till the BrickFest! (URL) help us plan the best event possible for you by registering (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.wamalug) !

  Re: What should I bring?

Steve, let's get the ball rolling! What sorts of things are you looking for? I have parted out a fair number of sets from most themes from '96 on. I'm always on the lookout for town and train-related parts, but I can only bring a fraction of what I (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Prizes

What is being done for prizes for events? I have prize stock for the Pirate Game, and am happy to contribute some, but if there's a prize budget, there will be more available. (23 years ago, 6-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Mecha designs at BrickFest 2001

Indeed, I tried to go this year. I just can't. Thanks for asking because we really do want to go (us mech guys) Like Bryce said We have been asking each other about going next year. Infact we were thinking of doing somthing like what you suggested. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Mecha designs at BrickFest 2001

I can't make it this year. Several of us mech builders are planning on attending the 2002 Brickfest and doing something similar to what you propose in your post. We haven't hammered anything out yet other than we'd like to go next year. Bryce (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Mecha designs at BrickFest 2001

(...) I could do it if someone wants to buy me a plane ticket. ;^D Sorry I can't be there... just isn't in the budget to take two LEGO trips within two months of each other :^P ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Mecha designs at BrickFest 2001

...Are any mecha builders planning on making it to BrickFest 2001 and/or are you bringing your mecha? Apart from great looking BrickWars games, I would think a display table of mecha creations would be real cool! ...And while I know Christina will (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Roommate Wanted

I am looking for a person to split the cost of a room at the Comfort Inn. I have already reserved a non-smoking room with 2 double beds at the AAA rate for Friday PM through Sunday AM. Contact me via email if you have serious interest (...) (23 years ago, 1-Jun-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Update 5/29

(...) OK, phew! :-) I was worried for a while there. ;-) Good, I'm glad... we are going to need the space. We have at least 15 people who are definitely interested and are going to be there. This is gonna *rock*! (...) I dunno! Just wondered. ;-) (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Update 5/29

(...) Which should give us plenty of room since Brickwars won't have to be in the same room. (...) Must be because castle isn't your cup of tea... VVVVBG :-) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Update 5/29

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) no no... let me clarify. Discussion groups are on the second floor.. When Castle World was first proposed it was a roundtable discussion. I understand that it has evolved to much more than that:-) The room will be (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Final call for the Gathering seats!!

Hey everyone!! If you haven't yet, consider participating in _the Gathering_ at Brickfest 2001! You can participate even if you're not going to be physically attending, and even if you haven't officially joined Castle World (although the latter is (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: BrickFest Update 5/29

(...) Umm... am I crazy, or is the absence of a Castle room really staring at my face? Tell me I'm wrong, please? :-( We really want to set up a whole "campsite" and it's going to be extremely difficult without a room for ourselves. I mean, I can (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest Update 5/29

(...) I have a 590 Engine Co. 9, complete with box, instructions, and sticker sheet with only one sticker used which I would like to bring. I also have a 588 Police Station to bring. If we want to see how many Yellow Castles we can collect in one (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest Update 5/29

NEWS: A master builder from LEGO Shows & Events group will be attending BrickFest. For those of you that attended last year we have planned a completely different layout. I'll be putting the floor maps up as soon as they are finished. Last year we (...) (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.community) !

  Re: BrickFest 2001

(...) "Structure" no, we do not have any at this time. If you have any recommendations please let me know. The members of WAMALUG do not typically trade at meetings so we are inexperienced in the Do's and Don'ts of trading. It will be scheduled for (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickWars and BrickFest!

...The plans sound good! I was thinking about the skirmish games in particular as a great way to bring people in. I cant wait to see the big spaceship battle! That's going to be impressive (make sure we have a combat reporter there to capture all (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickWars and BrickFest!

John Kornhaus and I were dicussing this last week. We came up with the following proposal, which is not set in stone yet: 1. At least one fairly big game, probably for more experienced players. John's great idea for this was a "spaceship battle". (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickWars and BrickFest!

...Who is going to help out running the BrickWars games at BrickFest 2001? There is interest both in a Castle/low-tech/fantasy themed battle as well as a space/sci-fi/hi-tech themed event and I want to make sure we talk things through now rather (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

(...) ...Hmmm... I need to rebuild my drinking soccer game too :-) ...Thoughts on parking. If things are the same they were last year, the parking at GMU will be free on weekends at least. And I'm not sure of their plans for things left late on (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

(...) Comfort Inn. Chris Weeks, Lindsay Braun, and I are planning on sharing a room and with 2 or 3 cars (depending on whether Crhis and Lindsay can carpool), and the higher room rates at the Hilton, it just adds too much to the cost. It would be a (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2001

(...) Yes, I agree, that would be helpful. A castle BrikWars would be a lot of fun, but it'd be good to know ahead of time (so we can plan the "Gathering"'s times around it). And people will want to get their armies ready no matter what the theme. (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2001

Hi, I was wondering when the themes of the brikwars battles would be decided. Since I may not be able to come for all of the days, I'd like to know which battle I would be more interested in participating in (I am more of a space guy). Any (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Safety of the area (was: Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking)

"Stephen F Roberts" <wubwub@wildlink.com> wrote in message news:69migt4omc23u2b...4ax.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) if (...) the (...) in (...) burned out (...) it (...) vehicles (...) lock (...) high-end BMW (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2001

"Christina Hitchcock" <chitchco@mail.gmu.edu> wrote in message news:GDpCHF.3rC@lugnet.com... Less then 25 days left to register for BrickFest 2001 <snip> Trading <snip> --- I'm very interested in trading at Brickfest, but is there any structure (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  BrickFest 2001

Less then 25 days left to register for BrickFest 2001 Register now so that you can join us! Registering early insures that we will be able to plan the best event and will secure you a great registration package. ((URL) Brick Play Area Brick Wars (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Safety of the area (was: Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking)

(...) ...Well, I don't know exact crime statistics, but it doesn't seem to be a terribly bad area. ...I wouldn't park my car right out in the open on the street under a burned out light all night, but I also wouldn't go through all the trouble of (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

(...) :-) excellent. thanks. And the Hilton is on orange line Metro. -Suz (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!

(...) Well, I ended up making a reservation at the Hilton as well as at the Comfort Inn.... closer to George Mason- walking distance? right ontop of orange Metro line station... Decisively indecisive.... can cancel one later... I am so ready to get (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

(...) ...Depending on when you get there, we can certainly arrange to pick you up. Also, I dont know the prices, but the main DC terminal for the busses is darn close also (and is convenient to metro on either account). (...) --- wubwub (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Safety of the area (was: Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking)

With this talk of paid parking and free parking, can some of the locals of the area give me an idea of the "safeness" of the area? Is this part of town the kind of area you'd be better off with secured parking? I don't mind paying a few dollars to (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

I checked prices for the bus. If purchasing 14 days in advance, I got a quote of $45 round trip Boston > Arlington > Boston. I know that seems imposibly cheap, but it's true. Takes 12 hours and has 2 changeovers. Arlington bus stop is 3.5 miles from (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:3B08A861.8B0636...ate.com... (...) As of now, I plan on driving 14 hrs from Chicago. Hopefully I'll have someone to make that with me so I don't have to go the whole way myself... -Tim (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

Well, I'm still thinking about it, but driving from Boston wouldn't be a picnic either. :-] -Suz (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

Well it's good to know that I'm not the only one driving such a long way to the fest. I kept asking myself if I was the only one "dumb" enough to drive 8+ hours for the weekend....well it's more like my wife that keep's asking me that. jt -- James (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

(...) We look forward to meeting you also.We are getting there thursday night ourselves.We may do a little site seeing when we get there thursday evening.We are driveing from Detroit area so it's about a 8 hour drive. (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking

(...) Thanks Chris. I have just made my reservation at Comfort Inn, 1211 N. Glebe Rd. Arlington, VA 22201. I feel more at ease knowing some other Brickfest person is already booked there. I look forward to meeting both you and your wife. As best I (...) (23 years ago, 21-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!

(...) Sheree ,my wife and i are staying at the comfort in.About the same prices you give.We to are using AAA. (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Roommate for Brickfest

I am interested in finding a non smoking male to room with for Brickfest. I probably would want to stay at the Hilton because I can get free breakfast there. Contact me if you're interested. Probably both Friday and Saturday. ++Lar (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Roomate for Brickfest

I am interested finding another woman to share a room with for Brickfest for both Friday and Saturday night. I am a non-smoker. Please email srosez@lycos.com for further discussion. thanks! sheree (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: the Hilton, cheap!

(...) Using a AAA discount, Comfort Inn Ballston Arlington, VA (VA417) has 2 Double, No Smoking Max Occupancy: 4 persons Desk, Electronic Door Lock, Iron and Ironing Board, Remote Control TV, HBO for 79.20 per night (158.40 +9.75%tax =173.62) It (...) (23 years ago, 20-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  the Hilton, cheap!

I just called the top hotel on the list, the Hilton Arlington & Towers, and got a weekend rate of $89 + tax per day. This sounds like a pretty darn good rate to me. Call soon while the discounted rate applies. Cary (23 years ago, 19-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Register for BrickFest (formerly Re: event "champions")

(...) ...Good point for a general announcement! :-) It may also spur some people to bring stuff they weren't thinking about bringing (we should get cards like the historical cards for the MOCs too... so people can put the title and their name on (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Register for BrickFest (formerly Re: event "champions")

(...) I'm all for knowing how much space to set aside for MOC's Ahh.. but how else can we ensure that the good people out there register. If they don't register we can not ensure a place for them to set up :-) Please help us buy letting us know. (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) I will try and bring as many ships as possible. During the game, the larger ships should generally be available for "display". I think we can do a pretty good display job by just having the table of unused ships near the entrance (or out in (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) ...Also, while I think about it. I know you are planning to bring all the ships and materials to the fest, but will you have "spare" ships for a historical pirate theme display? And/or what models do you need to fill it in? ...I know we are (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) ...:-) You were the model for the idea I had about these "champions"... people who will make sure it happens (since you know everyone else in charge will be too distracted to remember anything :-) ...And come to think about it, especially in (...) (23 years ago, 18-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) I was thinking we could have some kind of time trails during the day, then have the finals with a single elimination event during the evening. This way everyone gets to run their racers some, get a feel for the track and then decide if they (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: 59 days till BrickFest

57 days (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) ...Now that sounds like fun! :-) ...Christina: Sounds like we have a new set of events and demos to set up here. ...James: So what kind of support do you want to run? Obviously there will be the runs themselves, maybe a "build a rail racer for (...) (23 years ago, 17-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) You can run any motor you want as long as it hasn't been opened and/or modified. The ideal thing to do would be to bring along a couple of fresh motors and run the best of the bunch. I have found that brand new motors don't always run faster (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Do you randomise the motors? I can see people with a lot of motors trying to sort through their motors to find their fastest ones for the meet. (I wouldn't do that, but I know for sure I have one or two that are way slower than average and are (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

Ok great, I guess I'll have to get my trains tuned up and ready to take on the competition. jt (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

WOW! That is terrific! I love it!! I am impressed with the technology too! I would assume part of the skill is not just gunning it full speed on the green light, but rather quickly working up to speed for better traction. Oh and I assume with your (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: event "champions"...

I've added "Rail Racers" to the list of activities and I look forward to seeing this. (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

Ok Jake here's how it works. There are two lanes of straight track (at the shows we normally have about a 15' foot strip set up). There is a speed regulator for each lane. At the starting point there is a lighted "christmas" tree controlled by a (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Oh man! You know how it is when you promise your wife you will do something! (...) So I gather this is a competition with 4 (?) lengths of straight track and an engine (one motor or two?) and an additional car. Drag racing for fastest setup? (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) You should have come to the preparty (on Friday nite) instead of going out with your non Lego friends... we had some racing there, James brought two of his racers. :-) I'll never forget the look on the faces of the Holiday Inn bar crew when we (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) Sounds interesting! Do tell more! I haven't heard about this before. Jake --- Jake McKee AFOL LUGNET Member #211 (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

I got room in the car, just need to find some room at Brickfest. If nothing else we can run them down a hall or something. The only "official" rules for the Class I drag racers are: 1) train must be no longer than 4 sections of track 2) train must (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) If you've got the room, ya! Any tips for builders? ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

Any desire for me to bring the "Rail Racers" set up with me? Any train heads want to put their trains to the test? jt -- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message (...) (23 years ago, 16-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: event "champions"...

(...) I'm happy to be the Pirate champion. (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  59 days till BrickFest

I just updated www.brickfest.com with 8 new hotel options, the most up to date list of who is attending and the DRAFT Agenda. Christina (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Mindstorms at BrickFest2001

(...) I won't be able to run any Mindstorms things, but if I drive (which is the current plan) I'll be bringing a copy of Jin Sato's MIBO robotic dog (very cool - check out his site and his book) for display. I think I'll park him at the LDraw table (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  event "champions"...

...Do we have some designated people to promote and coordinate the more scheduled like events? I'm thinking someone like Frank Filz with the Pirate game stuff. Can we create a list of who's helping where and perhaps what other areas we need help in? (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Mindstorms at BrickFest2001

...I was talking to Christina (the BrickFestMistress) the other day and it seems like we don't have a "champion" for Mindstorms stuff at BrickFest (www.brickfest.org). So anyone who is coming to BrickFest and is interested in stirring up some kind (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Jessiman family to attend Brickfest 2001

(...) ...I second that and hope that we can show them how much their son's achievement means to our community. I think they'll be impressed! :-) --- wubwub wubwub@wildlink.com www.sitcatsit.com <-- a guy and his cat www.wildlink.com <-- the (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: The Gathering - think about it and please RSVP

From the sounds of it, I'll have 4 attending, Jeff is able to clone 3 and you're doing 1 for me :) I wish I could be there myself, though at least some of my Characters get to enjoy! Thanks to both of you! Tamy (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Gathering - think about it and please RSVP

(...) Cool! I'm looking forward to meet you and everyone else. So can I put you down for definitely-being-at-the-fest? Plus, what I mean by "seats" is within the Gathering hall (which Jeff Stembel is kindly providing us!). So if you want your 'figs (...) (23 years ago, 15-May-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The Gathering - think about it and please RSVP

I expect to be bringing my Castle World :) to the BrickFest. But I don't know if any of my people will be participating. I case they do, don't worry about seating, I'll bring a throne room. Thanks, Elliot Hyde ehyde@mac.com (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  The Gathering - think about it and please RSVP

Hey folks! Brickfest is getting closer (less than two months away now!) and I, being a stickler, would love to get more details confirmed. Jeff S. is kindly coordinating the connection between CW and the B-fest, which is great coz he's a local... (...) (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  logo and t-shirt design for BrickFest

Tomorrow is the deadline to submit designs for the BrickFest Logo. (URL) Hitchcock www.brickfest.com WAMALUG.org (23 years ago, 14-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.wamalug) !

  Re: schedule talk...

(...) I'm happy with where things are at, but I'd be happier if more were crossed off my list. At the moment, I have more time to devote to LUGNET than probably ever before. I'm enjoying finishing up little things that were sitting partially done. (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Jessiman family to attend Brickfest 2001

(...) This is wonderful news. I'm elated to hear that they will be honoring their son's work and achievements, and us with their attendance. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Jessiman family to attend Brickfest 2001

I am pleased to announce that Don and Robyn Jessiman, the parents of late LDraw creator James Jessiman, will be attending Brickfest 2001. For more info, read: (URL) LDraw users and contributors are invited to attend Brickfest 2001, where there will (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw) !!

  Re: Poll: Are you going to Brickfest?

(...) No, that is not acceptable :) KL (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Poll: Are you going to Brickfest?

(...) Can you add "Registered and paid but there is a chance that my schedule will not permit it?" (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Poll: Are you going to Brickfest?

There seem to be significantly more people talking about going to Brickfest than have actually registered. I have updated the Brickshelf Poll with this question: Are you going to Brickfest 2001? (URL) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Some expansion on the tournament idea

...I know Christina hasnt thought much about prizes yet (specially since we as of yet don't even know how many prizes we will have). But I do recall from last year that we were trying to come up with some event for the castle folks so they could win (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt for BrickFest

(...) For whomever does a rendering: Might this fellow be considered? (URL) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt for BrickFest

(...) I'll third this--I can see three or four LEGO monkeys around a large black 2x4 buried upright in the sand, and it would be absolutely hilarious. If the monkey torso DAT exists, maybe it could be done with an 8x16 megabrick and POVray... I'm (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt for BrickFest

Darn good idea!!! (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt for BrickFest

(...) Has anyone sumbitted a monolith-and-monkeys design yet? I would myself if I had any artistic talent. Come on, you artists! -Marc Nelson Jr. (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Some expansion on the tournament idea

I like the idea of having different tournaments. I bet a lot of people will join these last-minute, so I think keeping them as cool-but-simple as possible is best. If we do go with the "strength points" method as Chris suggests, a good number would (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A session

(...) G'day here's are question from Australia if it's reply could be posted on lugnet/loc/au/ who?, where?, and when? is lego direct coming to ozland for the love of sweet sweet lego bricks,also if it would be happening from the states or if it (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: logo and t-shirt for BrickFest

The deadline for BrickFest logo submission is May 15th send images or URL's to info@brickfest.com Christina (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A session

(...) James, et al, Please remember that LEGO Direct has a limited scope within the overall company. Although we can take your opinions, thoughts and feedback and distribute it to the other business organizations in the company, we can't necessarily (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A session

(...) line. (...) I recommend posting your suggestions to (URL) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A session

(...) possible (...) If that's the case, then have I got some "cents" to throw their way. Such as suggestions regarding ways to restore the LEGO System (formerly LEGOLAND) line. One such idea is to hold a contest -- much like the Classic Space (...) (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A session

(...) So could we email some short questions to someone who will be attending? Recording interviews is usually okay if the other party is fully aware. 3 cents, Aaron (23 years ago, 2-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A session

(...) Sure, If Brad & co are ok with it. Christina (23 years ago, 1-May-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact