 Events / BrickFest / 114
Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 00:47:36 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Cary Clark writes:
I just called the top hotel on the list, the Hilton Arlington & Towers,
and got a weekend rate of $89 + tax per day. This sounds like a pretty
darn good rate to me. Call soon while the discounted rate applies.

Cary

Using a AAA discount, Comfort Inn Ballston Arlington, VA (VA417) has
2 Double, No Smoking
Max Occupancy: 4 persons  Desk, Electronic Door Lock, Iron and Ironing
Board, Remote Control TV, HBO  for
79.20 per night (158.40 +9.75%tax =173.62)
It says it has interior corridors. I consider this a must for security.

I have not made a reservation yet.  I was hoping to hear where the bulk of
people were planning to stay.  Also hoping to find another woman to share costs.

Sheree ,my wife and i are staying at the comfort in.About the same prices
you give.We to are using AAA.

The Hilton sounds closer.  Is it? Any advice from those who went last year?

sheree

Thanks Chris. I have just made my reservation at Comfort Inn, 1211 N. Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA   22201.  I feel more at ease knowing  some other Brickfest
person is already booked there.  I look forward to meeting both you and your
wife.

As best I can tell the Hilton charges $13.00 per day to park car?
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/directions.jhtml?ctyhocn=DCAVAHF

at Comfort Inn to park car is free.  Free continental breakfast too.
http://www2.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?sid=HVMCg.2ue8XEhKS.2&hotel=VA417&sname=Arlington&sstate=VA&scountry=US&sunits=M&sradius=40.22&slat=38.876015&slon=-77.10373&schain=CI&exp=#amenities

I am not driving, but I thought this info might be useful to some who are.

Every dollar saved is a dollar which can be spent on Lego - before, during
and after Brickfest! :-)

onward!
sheree