 Events / BrickFest / 124
Re: Safety of the area (was: Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2001 18:10:59 GMT

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote:

With this talk of paid parking and free parking, can some of the locals of
the area give me an idea of the "safeness" of the area? Is this part of town
the kind of area you'd be better off with secured parking? I don't mind
paying a few dollars to park if I know it's going to lower the risk of a
broken window or such.

I know every town/city has these kind of issues, but just wanted to know if
this area is one of the more prone to trouble areas. For example here in the
Metro Atlanta area I wouldn't dream of parking my car outside over night in
downtown Atlanta, but in most of the outlying communities I wouldn't have
such an issue with it.

...Well, I don't know exact crime statistics, but it doesn't seem to be a
terribly bad area.

...I wouldn't park my car right out in the open on the street under a burned out
light all night, but I also wouldn't go through all the trouble of getting it
"locked up safe". I don't know of any problems anyone had with their vehicles
last year.

...I drove a convertible VW Cabriolet last year, half the time I forgot to lock
it, and didn't think twice about it... Course, if you are driving a high-end BMW
or the like, you may want to be a bit more secure than others :-)

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

BrickFest 2001!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.org