 Events / BrickFest / 131
Re: the Hilton, cheap!/ Comfort Inn free parking
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 17:53:20 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

sheree rosenkrantz wrote:
Thanks Chris. I have just made my reservation at Comfort Inn, 1211 N. Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA   22201.  I feel more at ease knowing  some other Brickfest
person is already booked there.  I look forward to meeting both you and your
wife.

As best I can tell the Hilton charges $13.00 per day to park car?
http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/hotels/directions.jhtml?ctyhocn=DCAVAHF

Has anyone confirmed this? Based on this, I am leaning towards the
Comfort Inn. Chris Weeks, Lindsay Braun, and I are planning on sharing a
room and with 2 or 3 cars (depending on whether Crhis and Lindsay can
carpool), and the higher room rates at the Hilton, it just adds too much
to the cost. It would be a bit of a bummer if most people end up at the
Hilton though because we have been discussing having a bit of a room
party Friday night as an opportunity for Pirate fans to socialize, talk
about the upcomming game, and perhaps help build some ships or islands.

...Hmmm... I need to rebuild my drinking soccer game too :-)

...Thoughts on parking. If things are the same they were last year, the parking
at GMU will be free on weekends at least. And I'm not sure of their plans for
things left late on Friday... (Christina, do you know?). This could be an option
for some. The lot is not quite as safe as a hotel lot, but is prolly "safe
enough" and is at least cheaper :-)

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

BrickFest 2001!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.org