 Events / BrickFest / 91
Re: event "champions"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 02:28:26 GMT

I got room in the car, just need to find some room at Brickfest. If nothing
else we can run them down a hall or something.

The only "official" rules for the Class I drag racers are:
    1) train must be no longer than 4 sections of track
    2) train must consist of an engine and one "rolling stock" (basically
there should be two parts to the racer)
    3) a driver must be able to ride in the train
    4) Class I racers only have one engine

These races will be for un-modified train engines, we can have a exhibition
modified race if anyone wants to actually break open an engine and try to
modify it. I'm not sure really what you could do besides add a secondary
electrical source to the train.

Some hints: lighter is not always better, those wheels need some weight to
get traction. Low to the track is good. Pushing or pulling the rolling stock
doesn't seem to make a difference in most test we've done.

Other than that, it's up to you. You can always modify designs in the pits.

jt

--
James J. Trobaugh
North Georgia LEGO Train Club
Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.events.brickfest, James Trobaugh writes:
Any desire for me to bring the "Rail Racers" set up with me? Any train • heads
want to put their trains to the test?

If you've got the room, ya!

Any tips for builders?

++Lar