 Events / BrickFest / 104
Re: event "champions"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:05:31 GMT

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

...Do we have some designated people to promote and coordinate the more
scheduled like events? I'm thinking someone like Frank Filz with the Pirate game
stuff. Can we create a list of who's helping where and perhaps what other areas
we need help in?

I'm happy to be the Pirate champion.

...:-) You were the model for the idea I had about these "champions"... people
who will make sure it happens (since you know everyone else in charge will be
too distracted to remember anything :-)

...And come to think about it, especially in your case, you may want to find an
"assistant" to go out and stir up interest while you set it up. Since you will
be setting up for some time, it will be hard for you to personally go out and
round up players, people to watch, and general interest.

...Ideally the assistant could also regularly patrol the fest and remind people
that the pirate game is going so they can watch and/or play for a bit. This will
help keep a good flow of people watching and keep people moving around the fest
so they can see as many things as possible and maybe find new things they love
to do.

...BrickWars also seems like a group that needs both a champion and assistant
kinda person. Since both take time to set up and will keep the person running
them distracted.

---
wubwub
wubwub@wildlink.com
www.sitcatsit.com   <-- a guy and his cat
www.wildlink.com    <-- the wildlinks

BrickFest 2001!
The AFOL Community's Premier Fan Run Event!
www.brickfest.org