 Events / BrickFest / 100
Re: event "champions"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 16 May 2001 20:05:34 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, James Trobaugh writes:
Ok great, I guess I'll have to get my trains tuned up and ready to take on
the competition.

Do you randomise the motors? I can see people with a lot of motors trying to
sort through their motors to find their fastest ones for the meet. (I
wouldn't do that, but I know for sure I have one or two that are way slower
than average and are likely going to bind up at some point, due to ingestion
of hair while owned by previous owners)

But I guess people who embed their motors tightly would have trouble
accepting a motor supplied to them instead of the one they embedded.

You can run any motor you want as long as it hasn't been opened and/or
modified. The ideal thing to do would be to bring along a couple of fresh
motors and run the best of the bunch. I have found that brand new motors
don't always run faster than a broken in one. Of course one that is broken
in too much can also be a problem.

They're allowed to switch motors in other motor sports, so why not with this
one as well.

jt