 Events / BrickFest / 106
Re: event "champions"...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:28:33 GMT

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

Frank Filz <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote:

Stephen F Roberts wrote:

...Do we have some designated people to promote and coordinate the more
scheduled like events? I'm thinking someone like Frank Filz with the Pirate game
stuff. Can we create a list of who's helping where and perhaps what other areas
we need help in?

I'm happy to be the Pirate champion.

...Also, while I think about it. I know you are planning to bring all the ships
and materials to the fest, but will you have "spare" ships for a historical
pirate theme display? And/or what models do you need to fill it in?

I will try and bring as many ships as possible. During the game, the
larger ships should generally be available for "display". I think we can
do a pretty good display job by just having the table of unused ships
near the entrance (or out in the hall). One caveat on my ships is that
if I get to it, most will be modified for gaming, so if someone else
wants to display stock ships that would be good.

As far as assistants for drumming up buisiness, you did a great job of
that last year Stephen! I'm sure we can recruit someone at the fest if
no one volunteers ahead of time.

...General note: we should also see if anyone is bringing a pirate themed
MOC/display that we will need to have room for. Somewhere in my massed stored
boxes are some ships I had started work on towards a pirate scene... course, now
they are buried... but others may have things ready to bring.

I hope to have some castle MOCs in addition to the pirate stuff I bring.
I actually started working on my top secret project this week, plus
perhaps I'll get back to the Wolfpack Castle By The Sea.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com