 Robotics / 15439
Re: Mindstorms at BrickFest2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 19:19:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
...I was talking to Christina (the BrickFestMistress) the other day and it seems
like we don't have a "champion" for Mindstorms stuff at BrickFest
(www.brickfest.org). So anyone who is coming to BrickFest and is interested in
stirring up some kind of Mindstorms events, drop into the
lugnet.events.brickfest group and help us plan things.

...We would like to see some demos of the Mindstorms sets for those who happen
to have never seen them, perhaps a talk/show of "other ways to program the
brick", there can also be competitions of various types (with prizes too!). We
just need some people to head it up and are calling for volunteers!

I won't be able to run any Mindstorms things, but if I drive (which is the
current plan) I'll be bringing a copy of Jin Sato's MIBO robotic dog (very
cool - check out his site and his book) for display.  I think I'll park him
at the LDraw table unless someone wants to be responsible for him at the
Mindstorms stuff.  I can do periodic displays of what he can do - walk, sit,
and stand back up.

-Tim