 Color / 1421
Re: Why do you love bley?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2007 06:06:36 GMT

Tim (Smith) wrote:
In lugnet.color, Thomas Stangl wrote:

Environmentally preferable?  Why, because the lower power requirement?
Then go with LEDs - at least you won't be polluting the environment with
mercury when replacing your CFLs. • ...
Arguing against Compact Fluorescent bulbs is like arguing against the metric
system. Something only a few backwards USA'ers take seriously.

I'm not arguing against them, I'm just pointing out deficiencies that
too many people ignore or gloss over entirely.

Except for the dimmable fixtures in my house, all the rest were
converted to CFLs the day I moved in (using bulbs that moved from CA to
FL, reused in each rental).  If dimmable CFLs weren't so freaking
expensive, I'd be 100% CFL in "normal" fixtures by now (not counting
small bulbs that can't be CFL (oven, dryer), and parts of the fridge).

--
Tom Stangl
* http://www.vfaq.com/