 Color / 1384
1383  |  1385
Subject:
Color filters (was: Why do you love bley?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 16:58:04 GMT

All this color talk has me finally posting something I have been thinking for awhile:

My biggest problem with the greys and bleys is that it is hard for me to be consistent when I want to be consistent. If I need, say, eight 1x2 plates in grey or in bley (in what I do it doesn’t matter the color, as long as they are the same), I always seem to spend a whole bunch of time trying to find eight that match. And it is worse with the browns but not as bad with the dark grey. (Yes, I do suffer from standard male red-green color blindness.)

With a good deal of work, and moving around the room to the window and various light sources, I can work out which is which, but it takes forever. As such, a good portion of my collection is rarely used, since it is shades of greys.

So, here’s my idea: special Lego bley goggles. When you put on the goggles, the filters in the lenses make grey and bley as different as red and yellow. This certainly has to be possible.

Imagine taking a color specturm picture of each of those colors, one has more blue certainly than the other. Perhaps if one used a blue filter then old grey would look blacker than bley then we could tell them apart!

Is there someone out there who could build either goggles or a screen or a lamp that emits a certain color that one block would reflect and one would not so that the two colors would look really different?

Rafe