 Color / 1401
Re: Color filters (was: Why do you love bley?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 10 May 2007 08:55:00 GMT

In lugnet.color, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I too suffer colour blindness so I have to keep them separate. This also makes it much easier when I want to build exclusively in one colour since it’s already separated out. I agree it can be a pain though and I have been caught out before (although nowhere near as much as with trans yellow and trans neon which kills me even in really good light)

Try using a blacklight (the flourescent variety, as the incandescent types barely produce any UV). TNG lights up very brightly, while trans-yellow is just trans-yellow (unless it’s the original Toa eyestalk or Kaukau mask, which are actually a trans-neon-yellow color that has never been used for any other parts). Unfortunately, light-grey and light-bley look exactly the same under blacklight, so this would make it even harder to sort them. The only suggestion I could offer for those would be to try a spread of different bulb types (particularly the compact flourescents where they have much greater control over color temperature) and see if there’s any specific brand that helps make the differences stand out.