 Color / 1385
Re: Color filters (was: Why do you love bley?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 17:08:15 GMT

In lugnet.color, Rafe Donahue wrote:
   All this color talk has me finally posting something I have been thinking for awhile:

My biggest problem with the greys and bleys is that it is hard for me to be consistent when I want to be consistent. If I need, say, eight 1x2 plates in grey or in bley (in what I do it doesn’t matter the color, as long as they are the same), I always seem to spend a whole bunch of time trying to find eight that match. And it is worse with the browns but not as bad with the dark grey. (Yes, I do suffer from standard male red-green color blindness.)

I too suffer colour blindness so I have to keep them separate. This also makes it much easier when I want to build exclusively in one colour since it’s already separated out. I agree it can be a pain though and I have been caught out before (although nowhere near as much as with trans yellow and trans neon which kills me even in really good light)

Tim