 Color / 1407
Re: Why do you love bley?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 13:04:08 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Aaron M. Sneary wrote:

   As for your argument about flourescent lights at stores, I also disagree. Other than very poorly lit displays at TRU, I have not seen an actual brick or even untouched photo of LEGO on their packaging in 3 years. Exo-Force doesn’t even show the lines between bricks. I would hazard a guess that NO ONE would stop buying LEGO for their children because of the bley color change.

Hey, disagree if you want, but it’s clear from your “counter-arguement” that you misunderstood me

Like rain on your wedding day.

   My belief is that the bley change was done specifically to enhance the visual “pop” of the colors within a mass retail environment, such as a toy store.

That’s cool. People believe all kinds of outlandish stuff.

   In other words, so that parents would actually be more likely to buy them based on what they see in the stores, not less, as you seem to believe was my stance.

I think, and I could be wrong, the point was that your ‘theory’ only makes sense if the Lego is actually on display, and even if it was, the amount of ‘pop’ it has is irrelevant to the buying decision.

   It’s fine for you to express your preference for colors. That’s your right. But becareful making dramatic claims to support that preference, or I’ll start making up reasons why chocolate tastes bad and fuzzy kittens are ugly.

Having eaten carob, and known some very temperamental cats in my day, I could probably pose a fairly convincing argument myself.

Excecpt that you lost it with that sentence.

Cheers, and thanks for the funniest thread to hit lugnet in ages.

Allister