 Color / 1417
Re: Why do you love bley?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sat, 12 May 2007 09:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.color, David Laswell wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I don’t need to prove anything. My initial statement was obviously a statement of my opinion and I didn’t try to dress it up in some form of ‘theory’. Since you did try to dress your opinion up you should provide evidence for it. That’s how theory works.

“My reasons are as follows: ...More attractive hues which better match other LEGO colours”

Looks like a statement of (supposed) fact to me. So, you presented it as fact. You demanded evidence when I informed you that you were wrong. You don’t feel obligated to provide proof for your stance? Fine. You don’t want to believe my statement without official documents and doctoral thesises? Fine.

This is the most pathetic cop-out for not giving an argument I’ve ever seen. If that looks like a statement of fact to you then, to paraphase you, are you sure your brain is working correctly?

It has been clear that you had no real argument right from the first time I asked you to provide evidence. Your dislike for bley is nothing but your opinion which you tried to dress up in a colour theory to convince other people of your cleverness. When this poor attempt to dress it up in something you clearly didn’t understand in full was called you tried reversing the burden of proof which also failed. I even made the job easy for you by providing you with the hypotheses which your argument relied on but even then you couldn’t back it up.

   Pot. Kettle. Black. If my failure to have proof ready and waiting to present means that my stance is wrong, simple arithmetic says exactly the same thing about your stance.

No because, as I said previously, mine was presented as nothing more than my opinion, yours was presented as being backed up by colour theory. I did not say “It looks better with other Lego colours because they are all blue tints” or anything like that. You did.

   And next time, please try to not be so confrontational. It’s almost like you’re trying to goad me into lashing out at you or something.

I’m not sure I really need to do that. You do an excellent job of making yourself look stupid without any external prodding.

Tim