 Color / 1383
Re: Why do you love bley?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 15:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.color, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Timothy P. Smith wrote:

   More and more people will be using Compact Fluorescents. It may not be as crazy as you think. I switched recently, and I think I like them.

They’re talking about making incandescents illegal here in Aus (or possibly just in QLD) fairly soon, with subsidies for switching to compact flourescents.

Gladly they come in a range of colour temperatures these days, so you’re not limited to just the ‘cool white’ typically found in toy stores. ‘Warm white’ seems to be the most common type on the shelves that I’ve seen lately.

Yeah, that’s what I got- ‘warm white’. They aren’t the same color as warm-white incandescents by any means. Those are yellowy, the CF’s aren’t as yellow. I haven’t switched entirely- I bought a pack of them, and I’m replacing bulbs as my existing ones burn out.

I’ve got CFs that emulate the colour of daylight for my lego building table.

What color/brand are they? I might like to get some.

As for theories as to why the colour change was made, flouro lighting is certainly one of the more imaginative ones I’ve seen, so well done there, Dave.

Cheers,

Allister