 Castle / 9900 (+100)
  Re: The extra horse

To All, Weird, unfamiliar territory, castle..... Anyway, I got my 10000 today, and I got the extra horse in it's own typical LEGO parts bag outside of the 10000 box. It is so weird, I might just keep it, and get a few more for an upcoming project I (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

Happy dance! Happy dance! Came home from work today, and my Inn's (along with some sand red bricks!) arrived today. 10 day total turnaround time. Not tooooo shabby! Off to build, Eric (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: The extra horse

(...) Hee hee hee. I got my guarded inns today, too. Happy day! Just a few, very minor complaints. Two holder clip yellow saddle instead of the original part, a one holder; Modern style heads instead of the old solid stud head-tops; That Indian (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guess what just arrived on my front door step...

(...) We're in Bellingham, WA, paid normal shipping, and I just pulled the Guarded Inn's out of the mailbox 5 minutes ago. Hope Maxwell (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) This is part of the Legends line, and I seem to remember Brad saying they would NOT be limited runs. Yep, here it is - (URL) answer in advance a couple of questions which I suspect may arise: LEGO Legends are different from the "classic" (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

(...) Crusader reinforcements have arrived, so, Buzz! Mine arrived today (MN) but I ordered a while ago. I got "this has shipped" confirmation email wed or so. Got the extra horses :^) "A horse is a horse of course......." Torso's printing looks (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guess what just arrived on my front door step...

I got my Inn today too. This was a great set to build! So many pieces in such a small area, quiet different from the Castle sets of today. My only complaint is the Black Falcon shield was smeared at the top. :( Other than that, I thought it was (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

Is it totally wrong that I am replying to my own message, not once, but twice??? I gotta say... I LOVE THIS SET!!! Where to start... The detail is AMAZING for such a small set. The little windows. The fireplace. The stable. Etc. The design is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

(...) Mine came today, SE. (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) My interpretation was that the Legends "theme" will be long-running. (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The extra horse

(...) Does anyone know why they stopped making the solid stud headtops? (...) You could mail it to me. Heh. (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:GGF5EL.G30@lugnet.com... (...) to be (...) on (...) so, (...) before (...) Yours are probably at your apartment because mine arrived today[1] and I certainly wasn't one of the first to order (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guess what just arrived on my front door step...

I got an e-mail saying the Guarded Inn was backordered 'till the 31st. I hope those of you that got multiple copies are happy. :( Adrick (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guess what just arrived on my front door step...

How long ago did you place your order? I'm wondering how much stock they had. Most of us Folks who ordered our copy, or copies (Brickbay stores are popping up with as many as 10 each in some cases) did so within days of the announcement. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) Here goes am developing a Eur-Asian world Black Knights - Norsemen Full Lion Bodies - English (defense archer torsos are Scottish) Royal Knights (and King Leo torsos) - French (and Dutch) Fright Knights - Russian Black Falcons or Black Eagles (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

(...) I live about five minutes from LDMI in East Windsor, CT, so I get same-day shipping whenever I order from LD. Still, I got a letter on Wednesday saying that the order would be postponed until 7/31. Then, THE VERY NEXT DAY (Thursday), my two (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone???

(...) From what I have read in the past LD/S@H is very conservative about the backorder ship times in most cases, they'd say they will ship later and manage it earlier than say earlier and ship late. Consider it the LD/S@H business style. I find (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: criticism

(...) Why, thank you Dr. Freud! Geeze! Evan Butzlaff, Skeletal Army Builder (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) personally, they serve as my protagonist faction. i think it is because most of us began our collection with classic, lions, and black falcons. the black knights serve as the beginning break with the past towards a new future. they are (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) i agree with victor. in my world there are many faction, none represent 'good' and none represent 'evil.' (i don't have an army of the undead either.. unfortunately).. i think the ideas of good and evil are more stagnant than just a plain free (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions( Who evens needs them?)

(...) Actually I have none of the lego factions in my medieval world. I like to be very original , so I have used none of the predetermined factions. I do use the LIon symbol for a kingdom but they are nothing like "The Lion Knights" or "Crusaders" (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The extra horse

(...) Ok let's see. Indian horse. I wonder who made the mistake of having it put in with the guarded inns. kickin him/herself now:) I would have been pretty darn surprised if the sabble had only one clip! solid head tops went away. you wanna know (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I Want To Blow My Head Off (if you only new, boy)

I think Jude is right, man. This is just LUGNET and CastleWorld is just CastleWorld. I don't think anyone should feel it appropriate to say sucks as many times as you did. Nathan Made a hasty decision. But it was justified. This is supposed to be (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I Want To Blow My Head Off (if you only knew, boy)

I think you need to keep things in perspective when you think somone is blowing sunshine up someone else's ***... How old is the person who posted their work? What is their brick budget? What is there mental/physical state? Yes some people post (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) Cool. You could outfit some minifigs in black (like the Blacktron torsos) with the Pirate Captain's hat for the elite totenkopf regiments of Prussia, it would closely match a drawing I've seen of one of the groups. However, that would be more (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) Exactly, the above is what I was trying to convey as mroe exciting to me than good vs. evil. (...) That's probably true considering the King's Castle and King's Mountain Fortress were lion castles, where as the smaller Knight's Castle and (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Guess what just arrived on my front door step...

Well, to be honest, I only ordered it on the 4th (July). :) Adrick (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) Oooh, oooh! I am molding a mishappen squad of unead skeletal raiders, but as my money grows so shall the raiders. (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) 196 - 4 brigades of chainmail soldiers and platemail (19 with the armor vest) cav with black and red striped pirates for navy chainmail torso with medalion for line officers two endor luke torsos for elite officers (...) 158 - 2 briades of (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) Well see, here's how I view it. I never liked the names of any characters LEGO has made, so ever since my first set (forestmen's hideout) i would make up original names for the factions and characters, and amalgamate the charcters and bgs as (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Guarded Inn & HP in one msg ! :)

Hi all ! My Guarded Inn arrived earlier this week. I must say, after seeing the scans, I was worried, but the set looks very good here, much better than those on the scan. Strange horse included here also :) Second thing, i was looking for those (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  WHERE ARE ALL THE LEGO MOCS GONE?

Hiya all..... Kev from Australia here.... I dont post alot on here.. I do read bits and pieces that interest me... but it seems lately, there hasnt been anything interesting....??? What happened to all the posts of peoples new MOCS.... is no-one (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: WHERE ARE ALL THE LEGO MOCS GONE?

(...) Oh those castle people...their in their own little world ;) Take a look: (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

Here are 56 photos I took in the Castle room at Brickfest. I didn't get to photograph every MOC, and some pictures didn't turn out, but you can catch part of the experience at this temporary URL (hastily organized and unedited.) Hold onto your jaw. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

If some helpful person can identify names and builders from these photos, you'd be doing them and me a service... I know a bunch of them but I photographed hastily. The photos have numbers from 33 to 89. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The extra horse

Have you considered that maybe the hole on the head is a safety feature to stop little children swallowing them and choking :P James "Wesley Pauley" <msanchez@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message news:GGHF2M.MCw@lugnet.com... (...) holder; (...) it away! (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  where is KK Quah

anybody talked to KK Quah lately.If anybody has please tell me. I want to talk to him about something thanks (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The extra horse

(...) I have always thought that it was to negate vacuum between the head and the post on the torso, making it easier to remove the head. Although, the choking thing sounds somewhat reasonable too. I wonder what the real answer is? Matt (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Guarded Inn & HP in one msg ! :)

(...) I have put them upp ones more just for you :) (URL) (who really need a new room for better lego-building) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  The Mists of Avalon!

Hey Y'all: [Sorry, about the cross-posting, but I thought castle-heads might well want to see this also...] I watched The Mists of Avalon tonight and thought I'd give y'all the heads up for future showings of it on TNT (URL for more info: (URL) So (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: where is KK Quah

(...) Tirrell, I was at Brickfest 2001 till late Sunday but am back and lurking. Will contact you directly offline. KK (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Mine arrived today (was Re: Guarded Inn Gone???)

Just thought I'd post an update that I received mine today :) It came UPS instead of thru the mail. It had the western horse/white horse replacement and a catalog with the Bionicles on the cover. I do not like the b&w box, but then again I didn't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

(...) Rockin! Thanks! Some things that stood out, to my mind: (URL) Holy Hordes of Mongols, Batman - Lego yurts!!!!! These are so freakin cool! (URL) Woohoo! I can pretend I was there! (those are my Blank Shields wandering around in this shot!) And (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Awesome village pictures

(...) These pictures were made during the christmas meeting in Brunswick/Braunschweig in Germany last year, where about 60 AFOLS ( mainly from Germany) met fot three days. These buildings you like so much were made bei René Hoffmeister, who is also (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Brickfest Pics Castle Room

Just uploaded some pics mostly of the Castle Room (best room IMHO) at Brickfest 2001 and I confined myself with the best pics and those I can identify the creators so ... (URL) medieval village was a huge success in my opinion and is shown in (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: The extra horse

(...) I don't refute this, since I certainly don't want a horde of kids to meet their demise via LEGO, but is the teeny-tiny hole in the top really a large enough aperture to allow sufficient air to pass through? And how likely is it that the poor (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Blut'Ader Display from Brickfest

Yo, Blut'Ader is slowly starting to materialize, and the folks at Brickfest got a sneak-peek of my current project. Here are some pictures of it as it appeared at Brickfest: (URL) all modular and when completed will include a seaport, a keep, and (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickfest Pics Castle Room

KK, Thanks, (in particular to my CWCS) for getting a really good picture of my walls. It was very gratifying to meet you (finally) and all the others in Castle World (though some I have met before) and all the characters that inhabit CW. My (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Blut'Ader Display from Brickfest

(...) Looks cool, but none of the links worked for me. The ones that did have complete URLs registered as 404 errors, and the ones that didn't had this URL: (URL) the small pics look neat. :) James (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> (...) James, The picture referenced above is my Castle Wall Component System (with the addition of Shiri Dori's Inn). It is intentionally non-linerer (skewed toward organic design). My intention for it's creation was that (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blut'Ader Display from Brickfest

(...) Until he fixes the links, you can view them directly from the directory: (URL) well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blut'Ader Display from Brickfest

(...) I like what I have seen so far and I really wish I could have seen it up close to see all of the details. Love to see more of Blut'Ader :) (What does that mean by the way?) /Elin (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Factions

(...) Hey what about Crusaders and Black Falcons? (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

(...) Unfortunatley I was real pressed for time so only about 2/3 of the Blank Shields got placed. I think Shiri placed a few more beyond what I had placed. I placed them in squads of three scattered around. (...) The tree situation was very much (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Awesome village pictures

(...) <snipped> (...) <snipped> Jan -- Thanks for the reply. I enjoyed everything I saw on those pages, though Rene's creations really struck a chord since they're castle themed. Thanks for clearing it up! Joel J (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Blut'Ader Display from Brickfest

(...) Pawel -- what I can see looks good but um... are the links supposed to be broken like that...? :) Seriously - it looks great but I can't get bigger versions of any of those pics? Joel J (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

(...) Those are Garrett Taylor's. Awesome, aren't they? (...) That's Cletus Romano's church. You'll probably see it in more pictures (I am collecting all the pictures for the gathering writeup). (...) Yeah, I put some more out. (...) She built some (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

I've uploaded the pictures that I took at Brickfest in the Castle Room. They can be found on Brickshelf here: (URL) are not captioned, as I don't know everyone or everything in them. They have been resized to a tolerable size though, and sorted into (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

(...) I'll see what I can do, I'm not sure about the names of some of them, but maybe someone else can help with that. I was in and out so much from that room and running all over checking everything out that I didn't get to spend as much time in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!

(...) Yep... 44 and 72 have a glimpse of Christina's tudor house, K8 prize winner last year; 44 also has Frank's pink tent with his stunning Paradisa knights (or should I say knightesses? heehee :-). (...) Plus my daphne & rose's cabin, and Joel (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) Awesome, Troy, excellent job documenting so much stuff. Maybe we should make you the official Brickfest photographer or something next year! ;D Jeff (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) Great job! This is as complete of a archive as I've seen. Well done :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  3413

New pocket money football sets £1.99 in Britain (£2.98 for 2 in Wollies sale) finally I can get the goalkeeper (3413) torso to use as a blue version of the fright knight armour without spending loadsa dosh whoohoo -- James -- James Stacey (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  YAAHOOOOO! 24 New studio sets!

Anyone seen the new polybag studio sets? If you have bad eyesite and can't see the pictures at (URL) , I'm describibg them below. Tie yourself to your chair before reading 4071 and down. (: 4056- One of those cool lights. 4057- Another cool light. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.animation)

  OT: anybody know a good jurassic park lego site

i'm looking for a site that has jp lego. mostly as a favor to my friend if you can help me teh n please do (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: YAAHOOOOO! 24 New studio sets!

(...) While I hate to burst your bubble (I was as excited at first as you) I think it has been confirmed that these are promotional sets for a Japanes Coca Cola promotion. Now while a lot of promo sets do cross continents and even become available (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.animation)

  Re: YAAHOOOOO! 24 New studio sets!

(...) i hope they are available here i want those trees and dinosaurs (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.animation)

  Re: YAAHOOOOO! 24 New studio sets!

ha ha my friend has japaese contacts and i may get some of these YAY ! for me when and if i get them if i get something i don't need i'll think of you guys (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.animation)

  Re: YAAHOOOOO! 24 New studio sets!

I hope the sets are avaliable outside of japan certain people will be hopping like frogs for more foliage James "Jonathan Lill" <jonathanl@myriadweb.com> wrote in message news:GGMonB.ADC@lugnet.com... (...) think (...) small (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.animation)

  Pics of my castle

Hi All, Shiri asked that I share with the group some pictures of the Castle I made for my wife to be displayed at our wedding this past April. The theme of our wedding was medival so I thought a lego castle would fit right in. It was definitly an (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) slopes? Do you have any close-ups of the fountain? The round bit with the Millenium Falcon-panel roof is imaginative, well-executed, and just plain neat. Well, so's the rest of the diorama. . . TWS Garrison (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) Wow, did I ever! That has some truly neat touches, including one of the most imaginative uses for a large decorated SPUD from a different theme I've seen in a while. Thanks for sharing (and thanks Shiri for encouraging Jim!) ++Lar (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) Very impressive, Jim. I love the moat and the little bridge and what not =). Is it still together, or was it something you just built for the wedding? ~Nathan (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

The release of the expensive Metroliner and club car for it begs the question: If this could be done for Trains, why did we only get the Guarded Inn? Why not the Black Falcon's Fortress and/or a couple additional modules like the Armor Shop or Siege (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) I agree, but is that your real name :o) Waaaaaaay out in left field, -Aaron- (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) A most excellent point! I agree 100%. -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Quickie 10000 Guarded Inn (a review as if there never had been a set #6067)

Approx. $25 USD for 246 pieces. The box is made in the style of newer packaging but has the advantage of containing little to recommend keeping it (I like when I can throw stuff away and eliminate packaging from what I am saving of a set). The image (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

That is really cool. fountains and everything. You may have given me a use for all that UFO Lego junk I brought cos it was cheap :) James "Jim Foulds" <jim.foulds@att.net> wrote in message news:GGnBuv.z5@lugnet.com... (...) theme (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) i second the motion! superb pictures, troy! thank you so much! later ~ craig~ (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Quickie 10000 Guarded Inn (a review as if there never had been a set #6067)

(...) I do't know why anyone expected any different. Offset printing has been pretty common for years, especially in Star Wars. Also, the printing in the two sets I've opened so far haven't been off by much at all, and one set had perfect printing (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Quickie 10000 Guarded Inn (a review as if there never had been a set #6067)

It does seem to be more of a common thing these days, but then is the volume of sets being made much larger now?? and has anyone noticed the print quality of the instruction book it reminds me of a colour photocopy (all be it a good one) of the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Quickie 10000 Guarded Inn (a review as if there never had been a set #6067)

(...) Yup, I noticed that, and also the "fuzziness" of the other print. I'm guessing that they could not find the original camera ready artwork (or it had faded beyond useability) and they have done the next best thing, scanned the best available (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GGnrLw.IIE@lugnet.com... (...) Guarded (...) modules (...) ...or the Monorail for Space? ;-) -Tim (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) Thanks. (...) No this version didn’t have an interior. The structure was only 3 sided. The back side was open and you could see the supporting infrastructure. I didn’t have enough bricks to make a solid structure so I did the next best thing. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) Thanks, James. I am glad to be of any help when it comes to finding new ways to use odd pieces! Keep Building, - Jim F. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) Thanks (...) Much to my wife’s sadness, it was disassembled and absorbed back into my collection. I explained to her the cost of replacing all of the pieces and she understood. But I promised that if the need ever arose, I could rebuild a (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) Thanks for the encouraging words Larry. I will be posting some pics, so keep an eye out. Keep Building, - Jim F. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

firstly: building a castle for your wife for the wedding? how romantic! i think im gonna cry! secondly: i simply adore your castle.. it is beautiful. i really like the extensive use of a variety of roofs. you have a 45 slopes, 66 slopes, the saucer (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

Wow, those are nice pictures. Too bad you didn't bring something of that calibar to "Brickfest" to exhibit in the Castle World Gathering. Maybe next year. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) While we're begging, I think we should demand that it all comes for free, yesterday. And it should be better than the originals! By the way, look up the phrase "begs the question" -- I do not think that expression means what you think it (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Gee, wouldn't a "gift horse" actually be something one didn't have to pay for? While we are are paying for it, I think we can discuss whatever pleases us best, ok? I won't spoil your fun if you won't spoil mine, ok? -- Hop-Frog (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Quickie 10000 Guarded Inn (a review as if there never had been a set #6067)

(...) My three red tudor elements were smudged and faint. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

Hello! (...) What??? "Only the Guarded Inn"??? I thought the Guarded Inn was one of the most desired Sets in America and now you are whining about it being smaller in size than the train? *shaking his head* Jojo (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

(...) Thanks Leonard for your encouraging words. When I set off to build this castle, I had no particular design in mind. I just did a little research and jotted down some of the ideas I liked. From there, I started to build and the result is what (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pics of my castle

Hi All, As promised I uploaded some new pictures of the castle, including some different shots of the fountain. (URL) Jim F. (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Shields & Torsos from Legoland Castle set 6080

I'm new to all this, don't know how to post in multiple newsgroups at the same time (yet). Just uploaded some LDRAW/MLCAD DAT files for shields & torsos with skins created by BMP2LDRAW32. They can be found at: Blue Shield with Yellow Rampant Lion, (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Metroliner Club car.. it begs the question..

(...) Ack, that bugs me too! Another pet peeve of mine is when people use the word "dilemma" to mean any old problem. Maggie C. P.S. To Richard M.-- after having looked it up in three separate dictionaries I grudgingly admit you were right about the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  The Epic Chronicles of Ikros continue to continue!

Greetings my friends, After many hours of brain numbing writing and photo editing, I bring to you part 1 of my July Surprise. Unfortunately, part 2 won't be coming till August, so I guess this really is just my July Surprise. So, just what is (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle) !

  Tower Bridge

Hello, I've been a lurker for a while but this is my first post. Freshly emerged from my dark age I have put together what is my first Lego creation in a number of years as well as my first major castle creation. Being the start of a series of (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Tower Bridge

(...) Welcome! Happy posting! (...) Um, "keep building like that?" :) (...) it'd be an excellent 1,000th contribution! :) I'm a sucker for mechanical "regularizing" of the landscape--yeah, yeah, "pave the planet" and all of that--and your bridge (...) (23 years ago, 19-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact