 Castle / 9956
Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 01:34:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Filz writes:
James wrote:
Rockin!  Thanks!  Some things that stood out, to my mind:

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010035.JPG

  Holy Hordes of Mongols, Batman - Lego yurts!!!!!  These are so freakin
cool!

Those are Garrett Taylor's. Awesome, aren't they?

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010036.JPG

  Woohoo!  I can pretend I was there!  (those are my Blank Shields wandering
around in this shot!)  And that (church?  meeting hall? whatever?) is very
cool.  Does a side-shot exist of it?

That's Cletus Romano's church. You'll probably see it in more pictures (I am
collecting all the pictures for the gathering writeup).

Unfortunatley I was real pressed for time so only about 2/3 of the Blank
Shields got placed. I think Shiri placed a few more beyond what I had
placed. I placed them in squads of three scattered around.

Yeah, I put some more out.

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010037.JPG

  Cool trees.  I like trees that tower over minifigs. :)

The tree situation was very much helped by my bringing almost all of my
tree stuff. Only about half of it was used. As I understand, Sheree
Rosenkrantz built several of the trees (we may suck her into castle
yet...)

She built some of them, and Leah built some too, but the biggest ones were
Wilson's. Boy, that guy has talent! They all did in excellent job of
foliage-ing the area.... thanks for all the raw materials, Frank, I didn't
get to thank you (we ran out to the exit, afraid to miss our bus...)

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010054.JPG

  Wow. Just.... wow.  This really captures the feel of a medieval feast.
Now I want a time machine so I can go to Brickfest! :(

Glad you like it! And hey, come next year.

-Shiri (the official room captain)