 Castle / 9953
Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:11:11 GMT

James Brown wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson writes:
Here are 56 photos I took in the Castle room at Brickfest. I didn't get to
photograph every MOC, and some pictures didn't turn out, but you can catch
part of the experience at this temporary URL (hastily organized and
unedited.) Hold onto your jaw.

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/castle.html

The thumbnails expand to 1280x960 generally.

Rockin!  Thanks!  Some things that stood out, to my mind:

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010035.JPG

  Holy Hordes of Mongols, Batman - Lego yurts!!!!!  These are so freakin cool!

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010036.JPG

  Woohoo!  I can pretend I was there!  (those are my Blank Shields wandering
around in this shot!)  And that (church?  meeting hall? whatever?) is very
cool.  Does a side-shot exist of it?

Unfortunatley I was real pressed for time so only about 2/3 of the Blank
Shields got placed. I think Shiri placed a few more beyond what I had
placed. I placed them in squads of three scattered around.

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010037.JPG

  Cool trees.  I like trees that tower over minifigs. :)

The tree situation was very much helped by my bringing almost all of my
tree stuff. Only about half of it was used. As I understand, Sheree
Rosenkrantz built several of the trees (we may suck her into castle
yet...)

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010054.JPG

  Wow. Just.... wow.  This really captures the feel of a medieval feast.
Now I want a time machine so I can go to Brickfest! :(

Well, you'll have to start planning now for next year....

We need to start figuring out how to return the Blank Shields. You may
want to investigate what can be put on the customs form to prevent you
getting socked with any duty or other taxes on them.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com