 Castle / 9949
Re: Some Photos of Brickfest Castle Room!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:37:29 GMT

In lugnet.castle, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson writes:
Here are 56 photos I took in the Castle room at Brickfest. I didn't get to
photograph every MOC, and some pictures didn't turn out, but you can catch
part of the experience at this temporary URL (hastily organized and
unedited.) Hold onto your jaw. • <snip>

I really like how non-linear this is.  And the battlements look very good
to me; I'm not sure why exactly, but they seem very realistic to me.

http://olson.pair.com/brickfest/Castle/C1010045.JPG

<snip>
James

James,
The picture referenced above is my Castle Wall Component System (with the
addition of Shiri Dori's Inn).
  It is intentionally non-linerer (skewed toward organic design). My
intention for it's creation was that each peice could be would be a separate
entity, and fully interchangable for anyone to create their own walled city
set up.
  The battlements are moveable from 90 degrees to 180 (see my pages link in
sig), to assure that perspective of organic realism is fostered.
  seeing the other works around me that Erik, and others recored, made me
realize how outgunned I really was on this front, (I may have been out in
the for-front 2 years, or even as early as 18 months ago, but not anymore).
I'll be developing a new Castle Wall Component System very soon. The organic
nature of this system will be preserved and carried on, hopefully to some
greater degree.
  Thanks again for the comment.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2002 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****