 Castle / 9923
Re: I Want To Blow My Head Off (if you only knew, boy)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 23:20:48 GMT

I think you need to keep things in perspective when you think somone is
blowing sunshine up someone else's ***...

How old is the person who posted their work?  What is their brick budget?
What is there mental/physical state?

Yes some people post models I find sub par.  But so what?  Maybe the person
posting is 8 (no offense to any 8 y.o.'s out there!).  You might be able to
do a better job than them, but at their age and developmental stage, that
might be their best.  You don't like models that are multi-colored?  Maybe
the person can't afford as many bricks as you to work in only gray.  Look
past the colors, and see the model for what it is.  In an online world, you
probably don't know much about the real person behind the post.

And Wesley, don't think this is pointed at you.  My choice in pronouns might
lead you to think that, but the points are supposed to be rhetorical for
EVERYONE.  You just made me think about them. :-)

Eric

p.s.  Bryan, I too think your post is disturbing.  Suicidal tendancies, or
making light of them, are about as far from funny or clever as words could
be.  If you have these feelings, I urge you to seek help.  From your
parents, your friends, your neighbors, at school, etc.

Eric

In lugnet.castle, Wesley Pauley writes:
<snip>

criticism but there is criticism and then there's over the top bad taste. I
have gotten tired of seeing so many people blowing sunshine up everyones ***
for stories and creations that could have used more work or better writing
though. it's good to know people are not afraid to share when they see

<snip>

wasn't without reason. I think your title for this thread is innapropriate.
and take it fro some one who has been on the brink himself, that's not the
kind of title to put on a thread sir. I don't hold any hard feelings against
.