 Castle / 9993
Re: Pics of my castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:43:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Snip<
Thanks Leonard for your encouraging words.  When I set off to build this
castle, I had no particular design in mind.  I just did a little research
and jotted down some of the ideas I liked.  From there, I started to build
and the result is what the pictures display.  I tried to make the castle as
appealing to the eye as I could without making it too busy.

fourthly (the criticism): having said what ive said, the castle seems a bit 2D, that is, when viewed from the side, it is clear that this castle has no 'back'. obviously the castle was made for display, but personally i enjoy something designed with the idea of 3 dimensionality - of looking at it from all angles.

I would have loved to have made this castle totally complete with interior
and wrap around landscaping, but time and my limited collection wouldn't
allow me.  But there is always the future and another castle is already on
my list of things to build.  So when I finish with that one, I will gladly
share it with the rest of you!

lastly, i wanted to say thank you for sharing it and i am deeply impressed.
most castles (and anything lego, really) is usually very 'blocky', but your
castle does a good job of breaking out of the 45 degree limitation. i hope we
continue to see more of your work!
bravo
-lenny

Thanks again!