 Castle / 9987
Re: Pics of my castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 15:56:13 GMT

firstly: building a castle for your wife for the wedding? how romantic! i think
im gonna cry!

secondly: i simply adore your castle.. it is beautiful. i really like the
extensive use of a variety of roofs.  you have a 45 slopes, 66 slopes, the
saucer section, as well as use plates.  the way you combine all of these
different styles, without making the castle in any way clutter, really shows
your skill at building. also the variety of wall styles. again you use various
different styles and methods, mixing them all to show off virtuosity; again,
without clutter.. the styles melt into eachother in a really pleasing way.

it seems everyone has their own building style; your castle seems to combine
all of them beautifully.

thirdly: the details really make this castle worth taking note.  the little
flourishes here and there, such as the vines with flowers on the side of the
castle, really give the castle a life of its own. keeping in mind that this
castle was built for a wedding, its shows the less martial side of castle
building, and instead joy and celebration of a marriage. the design of the
castle feeds into this; its seems designed more aesthetically than
strategically/tactically.

fourthly (the criticism): having said what ive said, the castle seems a bit 2D,
that is, when viewed from the side, it is clear that this castle has no 'back'.
obviously the castle was made for display, but personally i enjoy something
designed with the idea of 3 dimensionality - of looking at it from all angles.

lastly, i wanted to say thank you for sharing it and i am deeply impressed.
most castles (and anything lego, really) is usually very 'blocky', but your
castle does a good job of breaking out of the 45 degree limitation. i hope we
continue to see more of your work!
bravo
-lenny

In lugnet.castle, Jim Foulds writes:
Hi All,

  Shiri asked that I share with the group some pictures of the Castle I
made for my wife to be displayed at our wedding this past April.  The theme
of our wedding was medival so I thought a lego castle would fit right in.
It was definitly an eye catcher for the room.  The link to the Pics is:

Enjoy,
Jim F.