 Castle / 9902
Re: The extra horse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Scott Sanburn writes:
To All,

Weird, unfamiliar territory, castle.....

Anyway, I got my 10000 today, and I got the extra horse in it's own typical
LEGO parts bag outside of the 10000 box. It is so weird, I might just keep
it, and get a few more for an upcoming project I am thinking of doing.

The invoice is strange, I got a note on the 10000, saying "An error was made
in which an incorrect LEGO horse element was packed with this item. Enclosed
is the correct horse, along with our apologies."

I can't seem to find the apologies anywhere, but I did receive the horse. ; )

Scott S.

Hee hee hee.  I got my guarded inns today, too.  Happy day!  Just a few,
very minor complaints.
Two holder clip yellow saddle instead of the original part, a one holder;
Modern style heads instead of the old solid stud head-tops;
That Indian horse is ugly!  What can I do with it?  I can't just throw it away!
Modern dark grey swords with more of a dip in the handguard, which use a
lighter, less glossy type of plastic;
Is it just me, or do modern lego bricks seem just a bit lighter in weight
and texture, a little bit more translucent in color?  They seem a tiny bit
softer than my parts from original castle series.

I also notice that Guarded Inn parts are now flooding ebay.  Ah, sigh, such
is life in today's heartless, capitalistic world.