 Castle / 9921
Re: The extra horse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:15:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Victor Knight writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron Dalan writes:

Hee hee hee.  I got my guarded inns today, too.  Happy day!  Just a few,
very minor complaints.
Two holder clip yellow saddle instead of the original part, a one holder;
Modern style heads instead of the old solid stud head-tops;
Does anyone know why they stopped making the solid stud headtops?

That Indian horse is ugly!  What can I do with it?  I can't just throw it away!

You could mail it to me. Heh.
Ok let's see. Indian horse. I wonder who made the mistake of having it put
in with the guarded inns. kickin him/herself now:)
I would have been pretty darn surprised if the sabble had only one clip!
solid head tops went away. you wanna know why? i belive it was to save
money. that tiny bit of plastic saved when they do it to one head is not
that significant but on the large scale they are produced. whoever came up
with the idea probably got a lot of praise in the company. i would like to
think they did it to make the heads more versitile but i have yet to see and
thing that looks good stuck into that hole. and then what if i'm short on
hats or hairpeices or i just want a bald minifig.. there's 3 semetrical
holes in his head! i prefer the old solid stud heads. but i'v noticed that
even with old worn figures the newer heads just about always grip better
than the old ones. oh well. I guess lego legends sets will be made as much
as possible with the most recent parts available. i.e. 2 clip saddle from
yellow plastic instead of 1 clip yella.

that's what i think.
and i think we should settle
for this new guarded in...
.. for now. Vive le revolution! or something

-Wes