 Castle / 13200 (+100)
  Re: Castle De Laroux

(...) Ralph, Even if it's just a test castle, it's nice, you have some nice ideas. Let us know when you get the more complex one built. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Update the Griffon

For those of you who are interested, I've updated my griffon. On the request of of some, I've given it a leading wing edge. Here is the new design: (URL) for comparison, here is the old version: (URL) pics can be found here: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Lego Studios Monster Sets

(...) Drew, Glad to hear the new sets made u so excited! Any chance we could get some pics of the new sets and/or new peices? -Jay (URL) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Mandrakes Tower and Joan of Arc

I have finally gotten picures of my newer MOCs up on my webpage now. These are on the castle link in the menu First Mandrake's Tower of Sorcerer's Sundries: I wanted this building to be an unusual non standard design. I wanted it to look like a (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mandrakes Tower and Joan of Arc

(...) Hi Steve, Your link doesn't seem to be working, do you think you could try it again. Your ideas sound great. Hope to see a working link soon. William (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mandrakes Tower and Joan of Arc

(...) (URL) particular, (URL) Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mandrakes Tower and Joan of Arc

TWS Garrison wrote (...) Thanks TWS Garrison Whoops that should be (URL) is a link in the updates section on the main page as well as the Castle navigation link. Hope this helps you find it. -Steve (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego Studios Monster Sets

Unfortunately, my camera doesn't have the "macro" feature, so all my closeups of models come out fuzzy. Also, still not finished with the monsters' castle. Trying to work out the specifics of the gate/pit/draw bridge/portcullis system at the front (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mandrakes Tower and Joan of Arc

Mandrake's Tower must be the most ineresting castle architecture ive seen in a while. A really revolutionary method of creating the illusion of a round tower. you must explain how you built it! but despite being so interesting to look at, ive gotta (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle De Laroux

i really enjoy the "in process" shots with partially built walls. the yellow trebuchet (sp) almost looks like a crane, like of the construction crew building the castle. ha! the castle, as it stands, looks very formidable.. large and inpregnable. (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle De Laroux

(...) Thanks, when I start the complex version, I'm looking into being able to see all the shops and living hovels and villas. (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle De Laroux

Thanks, I really enjoy the photography so adding the construction shots gives life to it. Did you get to the 3rd page with the full scenes of the Treb. I built the treb about 2 years ago after a friend and I considered building a backyard version. (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle De Laroux

It's nice Ralph. A nice combination between the Adventurers Egyptian sub-theme and the castle theme. But may I ask how you obtain so many tan bricks? Is that you buy it separately from s@h or ebay? Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle De Laroux

(...) Yes half of the tans where from the Egypt sets, the rest from S@H. I'v since increased my tan and light collections from S@H and will be able to build a larger keep, but I will be returning the Egyption artifacts and using more castle style (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  The good, the bad and the Ugly

Well, I hadn't bought any new Lego in a few months, so I finally went online and ordered a second Guarded Inn, a bunch of trees, and my first Blacksmith Shop. Then after watching Star Wars Episode II, I went out and bought a bunch of small sets (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Mandrakes Tower and Joan of Arc

(...) Thanks, except I wasn't really trying to make a round tower, I wanted it to be the pentagon. And I was atempting menacing but will take ugly :) The hexagon base is created by hinging the sides; made up of three castle wall sections + 1x1 (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Doing more with less

Well gang, I've graduated, and now I've moved back home. I packed up my entire lego collection and moved it from my apartment to my parent's home. I just wanted to share a picture I took before we loaded the car up. This is my entire lego (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  BEHIND THE SCENES OF ANDRASTAVIA

Hiya all... Just thought I'd take a shot of me with my City from my website... Without editing.... its hard to see the size of the city.. so I got in the picture with it... it's on a table I built that is 1.8 metres x 1.3 metres (URL) going to take (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Doing more with less

Well said! I sometmies see huge MOCs which are quite underwhelming. Size does impress, but it is the detail and creativity that really counts. And congratulations with graduating, I'm a few weeks away from it myself and know how good it will be to (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Doing less with more

I guess that means I do less with more... ;) (URL) that ain't even half my collection...) Jeff (...) entire (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  New Tolkien Chapter

Hi all, I've added the chapter "Treebeard" to my Tolkien project. There are spoilers from "The Two Towers". (URL) was really trying to be less BURP-reliant. Here's a previous cliff face: (URL) is basically a stack of BURPs. Here are the landscapes (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Yorc ,etc.

Has anybody noticed what a great orc yoda makes? I got one of the Jedi(tm) dual sets and promptly stuck pour old yodas(tm) head on a chain mail body (king leo bull type)and gave him a samuri sword and a bull sheild. At once Yoda was turned from a (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC: Blacksmith shop

(...) Hi John, I like how you made the roof out of red boards instead of the conventional red roof bricks. The water wheel idea is something I may have to steal for use on my village. Is there a room at the top of this building? WB (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC: Blacksmith shop

(...) Thanks. I don't have many red roof slopes, so I used plates. Yes, there is a room. (URL) other pictures of it... and a picture of me with it. :-) The water wheel is an almost direct copy from the excellent 1989 ideas book (of which I got in (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Yorc ,etc.

(...) Will, Go to the Brickshelf main page: (URL) click on "create a new account" in the center of the screen near the bottom. It's quite easy and there is no cost. Once you have a new account you can upload pictures via your web browser. Looking (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Doing less with more

Yes, though in both of your cases... it's QUALITY, not quantity that makes the difference. Where as I've got somewhere in between what you both have, and do less with more also.. Though now that I've finally graduated, maybe that will change! (after (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: New MOC: Blacksmith shop

(...) Quite interesting for a blacksmith shop remake! Although the original lacked a water whell, or for that matter, a decent set of doors, I have to congratulate you on this. Now, all you need is a decent carriage, and then you have something :) (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New MOC: Blacksmith shop

(...) What do you mean? Do you mean a remake of the Lego SET blacksmith shop? Its not. Its just... well... a place were a blacksmith... owns a shop. I don't own the MOC series set. Sorry for the confusion (or am I confused?) John Kruer (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_) (If questions should arise, seek clarity within the following explanatory links) (URL) here they are… !New Castle Sets!… (URL) has a Scala-esk background, but the pieces are all castle…no pink stuff! It (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  2ND ANNUAL GALAXY ENFORCER CONTEST

(URL) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

In lugnet.castle, Richard Noeckel writes: <snipped hideous links> OH MY POOR EYES!!!...!!! Jeff (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Doing less with more

(...) Thanks! :) (...) Well, I would, but Troy needs to put some of his parts on sale! *runs* ;) Jeff (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

Pretty strange, but if the quality is anything, theyd be fun to have. (especially that set with all those bat sheilds) To bad i cant get over to china any time soon...... WB (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

Believe me.. be thankful you don't have the ability or are forced to buy these sets.. I've seen Shifty's quality, and it sucks rocks. (big ones).. I can't believe how blatantly they've stolen Lego's pictures and slightly modified them. One would (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Indeed. The quality is abysmal; Shifty bricks are made by cheap press molding (the same technique that gives you the cave in 6099 Traitor Transport). Yick. I don't think Lego can go after them very effectively because of the lack of strict (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) That is correct. Taiwan, Hong Kong, mainland China, and many other east Asian countries do not observe/enforce international copyright laws. That is why bootlegs are so common everywhere over there except Japan. Jeff (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Arrgh! Nothing more annoying than cheap knowkoffs, especially of Castle Sets. Can anyone tell me exactly why china (or other asian countries for that matter) don't enforce copyright laws? It's like this, what If you took the harry potter of (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yorc ,etc.

(...) Bruce- Thanx for the info. I just set up a brickshelf account. Now all I need to do is get the pictures developed. WB (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BEHIND THE SCENES OF ANDRASTAVIA

(...) Wow! This is really cool. I really want to get started on something of this scale when I get settled with all my lego. Any idea how many pieces or sets went into that? What is the minifig population? Looking forward to chap 3... God Bless, (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Tolkien Chapter

(...) Hi Bruce, This was well done. I especially like the variety of ents. You're turning these chapters out at a great rate. I tend to use BURPs in a more compromised manner in my MOCs (they're there but decorated). Anyway great job. God Bless, (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Well, as I understand it, it really is not in their best interest to do so. Some of the companies almost legitimate, in such that they act like real companies, but their business is selling copyrighted material (CDs*, DVDs*, plastic building (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: Yorc ,etc.

(...) I'd already established Harry Potter goblins (on a normal minifig body) as orcs in my world, so I decided to make my Yodas into goblins. :) (...) Thats why I don't bother. ;) You don't have to use them in everyday conversation type posts. ;) (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) If it was real quality that these imitators sported, than even forgeries have their own inate validness. Coupled with a mischeivious cloud of industry these devices have their due place in my legoverse: jail. MegaFigs, Kubriks, Blockos.. any (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Indeed. :) (...) O.k. so I accept the fact that the quality is abysmal… And that the bricks are probably completely malformed and possess absolutely no tensile strength to grip together… But! For only $5USD there should be a few elements of (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Hard to say, but you might be. :) Try checking dollar stores in your area; I've seen the little sets (HTO sized) in them here and there, under the brand name "Shifty Bricks" or just "Shifty". I bought one as you said: a novelty, and ended up (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Well, I'm gonna do my best to attend brickfest, and I'll do my best to create a 16x16 town bit. I'm also going to try to bring a dragon or two, along with my griffon and if I get it done, another project I'm working on at the moment. I'd love (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) I'll be buying at least one of them, and I'll post a review thereafter. In the meantime, I'm not so sure that all of these parts are direct copies of canonical pieces. For instance, what about the two grey cones in (URL) Dave! (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) (URL) am I missing something? James (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: (_Some sets of interest for Castle folks_)

(...) Hmm. Well, now I don't know. At first, it looked like the ones in the pic were too short, compared to the real things I have setting on my desk. But when I look at the partsref image, it seems like a match. Weird. Maybe this'll be the one I (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

"Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GwIrqq.D15@lugnet.com... (...) involved in (...) And (...) much (...) And here is my first attempt at wall sections: (URL) is actually NOT blue! ;) It's 4 studs thick with a 6 stud base (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi Joel, "Joel Morris" <jcmorris@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gvr1A4.Br9@lugnet.com... (...) Go ahead if you like the tower. I'm curious to see your daughters castle, any chance of getting pictures up when it's finished? (...) windows - (...) (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Phoenix' nest

Hi John, "John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GvtKG9.98@lugnet.com... (...) Well thank you. (...) Yes, "considering its Lego" indeed :o) Maybe I should write a dear Lego letter, something like since juniorization seems (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Black doesn't show up very well. . .could you do a rainbow warrior version that more clearly shows the height, location of connectors, and battlement? And am I correct in seeing that you're aiming for a 2-high battlement? That leaves minifigs (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I'd be very interested in participating in the walled town/ village thing. It sounds like a great way to perhaps set down a central hub in Castle World, a sort of penultimate crossroads town. It seems as if the members of Castle World hoped (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Bruce's Lord of the Rings makes Toyfare

ToyFare magazine, #59, page 20 "Catching Toys in the 'Net" Download Where to go for... LEGO of the Rings (URL) would type the whole paragraph up, but would that be copyright infringement? :) Anyway, congrats! plucky (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bruce's Lord of the Rings makes Toyfare

(...) Cool! Could someone either send me a scan of the article or point me to an on-line version? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks for the heads up. Bruce (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I know. I took the pictures in a hurry as well and that didn't help much either. I'll try to make one in a different color and get the pictures posted. (...) How high should they be? I'm admittedly new at this, so suggestions are welcome. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bruce's Lord of the Rings makes Toyfare

(...) I would, but my girlfriends stolen the magazine now, so I can't scan it! Maybe when I get it back :) plucky (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bruce's Lord of the Rings makes Toyfare

(...) !Congratulations! Man you deserve it! It’s always nice to see good work get acknowledged. :) Here’s what the cover of your issue looks like: (URL) case you wanted to purchase a copy for future reference) bravo, --==RïçhårÐ==-- P.S. Isn’t the (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) (URL) added new pictures of a lovely stripped version of the wall section. I also increased the heights of the battlement by one brick. I think these pictures more clearly show the connections used. 4 technic 1x4 bricks are used, with friction (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Ooh, holy war alert! I would say that the parapet should shield a standing minifig. Thus, from wall walk to the top the crenal should be four or five bricks, with embrassures at about two bricks. Crenels should be three or four studs wide[1]. (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bruce's Lord of the Rings makes Toyfare

(...) You would be referring to my favourite magazine which I just happened to scan every Lego related article I could find. I'm missing a few of the issues from #1-10 but Toyfare didn't really think Lego bricks were cool until they got the StarWars (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Doing less with more

"Jeff Stembel" <aulddragon@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:GwGJGL.L1A@lugnet.com... (...) Now you are REALLY starting to sound like Mookie! :) Troy (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Great! I'd love it if everyone coming could bring at least one 16x16 baseplate module. I was thinking of using 8x16 baseplates as roads to separate groups of modules. Any thoughts? I have an idea for cobblestone roads, and I think it'd be a (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Thanks for taking this task upon yourself, Troy. :) As for suggestions, I'm partial to flat front surfaces on town walls, like those found at Conwy Castle. If you want to get very detailed, you could put 1x2 technic bricks at even intervals (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Thanks for the "nod." I think though that my walls are much too short, and a new standard should be devised. I'm hoping that work in this area will occur soon, and that this new standard will be propagated to other for maximum participation. Rich -- (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

I'm going to do some more work on the wall tonight. I'll probably make the wall itself shorter while making the battlements taller so as to provide more protection. I'll also try 4 stud crenials with 2 stud spacing to see how it looks. (i'm trying (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  It's a Norman Keep, don't ya know...

People have been asking about the following picture on my Brickshelf pages: (URL) my explaination is that it's prototype for a Norman Keep I am designing as my next custom castle kit. The blue roof is of a slightly altered Blacksmith Shop I built on (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's a Norman Keep, don't ya know...

The exterior looks cool, though the blue roof seems a repetition of the Blackmith shop roof. I look forward to the interior of the kkep! Jackie (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  It's like deja vu all over again!

All right folks, I still don't have a *new* chapter for you, but how about a new chapter for you? I have successfully illustrated a previously unillustrated chapter, and it's awaiting viewing by the masses. I've taken the part 2 of chapter 3, The (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Use MLCad/LDraw and own Kings Castle (6091/6098)?

Sorry if you feel this is off-topic, but as I've had no reply in lugnet.cad I'm going to post here (just once). I've finished my rendition of the baseplate from Kings Castle (6091/6098) and need someone to check it. If you have both posession of the (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Nice to see this thread coming back! I suggest a wall of around 13 brick height, including battlements. For example, a 3 brick high slope at the base on tope of which you can either have a 6 high wall section, or just build up with bricks. Top that (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's a Norman Keep, don't ya know...

Dan, Nice to see another big scale castle MOC. The keep looks very solid and I see you have found some way to make individual cross shaped arrow slits, very nice! Nice "fore-building" for the entrance I've forgotten what this is called, and it's (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  New MOC: Royal Knights Fortified Isle

Also, Royal Knights theme added. Damien (URL) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle)

  Guys, I am selling all my armor and weapons!!!

I posted this here to give you guys a heads up, since most of you guys have been swell. Take a look at the Buy and sell section and see my add. All you who know me, know the stuff is in Excellent condition, Its one of my pet peeves. lol I have (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Guys, I am selling all my armor and weapons!!!

I posted this here to give you guys a heads up, since most of you guys have been swell. Take a look at the Buy and sell section and see my add. All you who know me, know the stuff is in Excellent condition, Its one of my pet peeves. lol I have (...) (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  I have one of those sets !

Hi all, I've just read the thread about this subject, and must say, i have this set: (URL) found it at queen's day this year, a national tradition here in Holland where everyone cleans their attic and sells their junk (and even some fools buy it... (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: I have one of those sets !

(...) Hmmm... Thats interesting. Bad quality control for a bad clone brand. But the auction- anybody notice that seller 'Kenny Ho' is not registered now? Does that meean that he's been suspended? Has anyone complained to Ebay yet? John Kruer (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Announcing the next LEGO Modelmaking Experience at LEGOLAND Windsor

(...) This sight made me truly physically ill! (URL) For I was sick with ‘ENVY!’ !!100!! round Castle shields! (I can only dream of this) You are indeed a lucky man A great choice of specialized elements here: (URL) respect your keen eye, the (...) (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.castle)

  my new custom weapons

hi everybody i finally got some pix of my new custom weapons, i make and sale them on www.bricklink.com my custom warrior swords and sheaths: (URL) my custom katana swords and sheaths: (URL) me know what everybody thinks, if interested in any email (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Vlad the Impaler

I decided to reassemble this the other day and get pictures. (URL) me know what you think. --William (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Vlad the Impaler

Gruesome, but funny too. I had a European History teacher in high school who used to love to tell the most gruesome stories of history. I wish I knew his e-mail, because he'd love this. Bruce (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

After many attempts and different versions, I believe we may have come up with a "standard" wall section design for use in building a walled city at Brickfest. This was suggested and discussed elsewhere in this thread. To take a look at the most (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) The problem with using slopes at the base is that it requires a lot of them, and they aren't very common pieces. (...) Some were, but not all. :) I'd prefer to have a fairly uniform wall for our town, and Troy has been kind enough to volunteer (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Hi, I won a large lot of 2x2 round gray plates on e-bay the other day and it made a good cobble-stone road to use a bunch of these interspersed with gray, dark gray, and black 1x1 plates and round plates. I've got a picture of a 5-wide path (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

Mookie has done something similar using 2x2 round tiles and 1x1, 1x2 and 2x2 regular tiles. It looked really cool, but can get to be expensive to get the parts. The path with the round plates looks cool as well, and seems like it would be much more (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Chapter One

Well, I didn't get much of a public response from the last time I rereleased a chapter, but I had a lot of recorded hits off of my post, so I'm hoping that that's a good sign that y'all want me to continue this here venture. So here it goes... I'm (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chapter One

(...) Lament not, Mr. Sava. I, personally, am mighty glad you decided to go back over your old chapters and illustrate them. It not only adds more depth to your stories, but a renewed sense of reality as well. It brings everything together. As for (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Yeah. I've only got a few (like 4) 2x2 round tiles. (...) Another advantage is, of course, that you can pose figs on top of the plates in stances that would tip over if on top of tiles. Bruce (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Chapter One

(...) it's the summer slow-down. im unemployed and no longer a student, which means im using my slow cpu at home, which means im less likely to read lego stories, but... (...) OH YES! ASSUME THAT! we all (any of us who are COOL, anyways) desperately (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  And then there were five

No one knew where it came from. No one knew what it was capable of. No one knew what how to stop it. No one knew what to do. Though it was young, it was strong. Very strong. No one could stand up to it's awesome power and speed. Many of us have (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.texlug)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

This project is beginning to look like something! OK, do I understand this corrcetly, Troy will provide most the wall sections, but we can make our own, especially if they include towers and buildings which are built into the wall? A few more (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: And then there were five

Another great one, Anthony! The use of fabric for the wings is most effective, and the white teeth look especially frightening. A bit like those sharks (sand tiger?) which have their teeth sticking out of their mouths, even when their jaws are (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: And then there were five

(...) they must breed fast and Ikros is in serious trouble. -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) We'll stick to a rectangular shape, unless the town layout starts expanding in odd ways. Anything else would get too difficult to coordinate, IMO. Also, I'd like to focus more on the town itself that the walls, which is one reason I think (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I'd (...) The (...) I'd like to do a warf section, let me work on it this weekend and see where I get (I don't want to overcommit). I will certainly bring my two Wolfpack ships (though we may need to borrow them for the Pirate Game). Frank (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I'll also bring my two ships, the Katana and the Athena (which is technically an airship, but will work fine in the water). I'll likely build a few town sections as well, if I can get the inspiration to do so. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: And then there were five

(...) Kev..: ) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Next Lord of the Rings Chapter

Hi all, I've put up the next chapter of my Lord of the Rings project, "The Ring Goes South". (URL) was most happy with the rug in Bilbo's room: (URL) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: It's a Norman Keep, don't ya know...

(...) did you miss this from my original post????: The blue roof is of a slightly altered Blacksmith (...) Most period keeps would have copper or lead plating on the roof, which explains the use of blue. Dan (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact