 Castle / 13295
Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 18:27:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo writes:
This project is beginning to look like something!

OK, do I understand this corrcetly, Troy will provide most the wall
sections, but we can make our own, especially if they include towers and
buildings which are built into the wall? A few more questions, is the wall
going to be square shaped, or will we go for a more challanging polyganol
shape?

We'll stick to a rectangular shape, unless the town layout starts expanding in
odd ways.  Anything else would get too difficult to coordinate, IMO.  Also, • I'd
like to focus more on the town itself that the walls, which is one reason I
think having one person build most of them is a good idea.

Are we gonna have a castle at all?

Probably not, unless the town gets large enough.

Jeff, how were you thinking of doing the various buildings,? Shall we all
bring various stuff or do you want to work out beforehand who builds what,
so we don't end up with say, 3 churches, 10 taverns, but no gatehouse for
the wall?

Everything will be planned out in advance.  :)  In fact, I set up a quick page
so we can keep track of who has what plots and is building what buildings. • The
map doesn't show the walls yet.  Remember, the default elevation is one brick
off the baseplate.  Here is the page:
http://www.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/~150/

Another suggestion/question, do we want this town to be by the sea ior a
river, allowing for a docks area and medieval ships?

We'd need enough people willing to make wharves and docks.  If there is
interest, it can be done.

I'd like to do a warf section, let me work on it this weekend and see where I
get (I don't want to overcommit). I will certainly bring my two Wolfpack ships
(though we may need to borrow them for the Pirate Game).

Frank