 Castle / 13282
  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) Note that there is at least one other part encoded by Jeff but never made official, its part 6056, also used in set 6090. (22 years ago, 26-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

After many attempts and different versions, I believe we may have come up with a "standard" wall section design for use in building a walled city at Brickfest. This was suggested and discussed elsewhere in this thread. To take a look at the most (...) (22 years ago, 28-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

This project is beginning to look like something! OK, do I understand this corrcetly, Troy will provide most the wall sections, but we can make our own, especially if they include towers and buildings which are built into the wall? A few more (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) We'll stick to a rectangular shape, unless the town layout starts expanding in odd ways. Anything else would get too difficult to coordinate, IMO. Also, I'd like to focus more on the town itself that the walls, which is one reason I think (...) (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I'd (...) The (...) I'd like to do a warf section, let me work on it this weekend and see where I get (I don't want to overcommit). I will certainly bring my two Wolfpack ships (though we may need to borrow them for the Pirate Game). Frank (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) I'll also bring my two ships, the Katana and the Athena (which is technically an airship, but will work fine in the water). I'll likely build a few town sections as well, if I can get the inspiration to do so. Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (22 years ago, 29-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Jeff, I actually built a seaside section with a wharf section and tavern atop it already. Does this help at all? Jay (URL) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Baseplate from Castle 6090

Hi, Does anyone have a picture of the stairs on the baseplate used for the 6090 castle? Or could they describe them to me? I'm working on this as my next LDraw part and I can't get a good view of this complex area from any picture I have. Thanks in (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) I am not the CAD expert by any means, but no one else seems to be replying to your posts so I will. I think the silence you are hearing has to do with the fact that the accepted wisdom is to model only elements that you have in hand. Having (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

While 'Net surfing, I came across the preceding message, and I thought I'd post comments. (...) To the best of my recollection, the above is a *requirement* (not just "accepted practice"). (...) An eloquent explanation. If someone decides to (...) (22 years ago, 30-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) I don't know if this will help much but you can use this: (URL) --Kevin W. § (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

I believe the 6090 castle baseplate has already been encoded, see this post: (URL) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) This part is already been done: (URL) (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Sure, I'll add it to the layout. :) Jeff (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) added to the LDraw.org part library? Steve (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) Yes, I'd appreciate that. Jeff (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) The layout is now updated: (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) OK, I'll do it just this once. ;) If you've got other files you want submitted, please zip them up and email them to me at parts@ldraw.org. Steve (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090

(...) If I'd realized how many 'bad vertex sequences' were in that file, I might not have been so eager. ;) At any rate, the file has been L3P-cleaned, I've added a function to the LDAO Editor to straighten out 'bad vertex sequences', and the file (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) adjacent section, and it would be nice for it to match up decently. Frank (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wall Sections for Walled City - was Re: BrickFest 2002 Castle Room

(...) Frank, No pics at the moment, but I will be taking some ASAP. When they're done, I'll post them here. -Jay (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)