 Castle / 13303
Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 22:44:03 GMT

While 'Net surfing, I came across the preceding message,
and I thought I'd post comments.

... the accepted wisdom is to model only elements that
you have in hand.

To the best of my recollection, the above is a *requirement*
(not just "accepted practice").

Having the element in hand allows you to see every side of it,
take measurements, compare it to other elements, etc.  Having that
information, you can compare the real world relationships between
elements to those amongst LDraw elements.  Obviously, you would
then use this information to model and refine your proposed LDraw
element.

An eloquent explanation.  If someone decides to document this
in one of the FAQs, I hope they incorporate your text into it.

Franklin