 Castle / 13302
Re: Baseplate from Castle 6090
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 22:23:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, William Howard writes:
Does anyone have a picture of the stairs on the baseplate used for the 6090
castle?  Or could they describe them to me?  I'm working on this as my next
LDraw part and I can't get a good view of this complex area from any picture
I have.

I am not the CAD expert by any means, but no one else seems to be replying
to your posts so I will.  I think the silence you are hearing has to do with
the fact that the accepted wisdom is to model only elements that you have in
hand.  Having the element in hand allows you to see every side of it, take
measurements, compare it to other elements, etc.  Having that information,
you can compare the real world relationships between elements to those
amongst LDraw elements.  Obviously, you would then use this information to
model and refine your proposed LDraw element.

There's nothing wrong with requesting pictures, but do note that it places a
burden on a person with the element in hand and alleviates you of the need
to acquire one -- which the accepted wisdom claims you should do for the
above stated reasons.

-- Hop-Frog