 Castle / 13215
Re: Mandrakes Tower and Joan of Arc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 03:37:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman writes:
Mandrake's Tower must be the most ineresting castle architecture ive seen in
a while.  A really revolutionary method of creating the illusion of a round
tower.  you must explain how you built it!

but despite being so interesting to look at, ive gotta be honest and say its
kinda ugly.  but that works, too.  It's a wizard's tower, so im sure he
would sometimes prefer the solace that living in an ugly tower will bring.

Overall excellent design!  Really a step forward in experimental castle
construction!

peace
-lenny

Thanks, except I wasn't really trying to make a round tower, I wanted it to
be the pentagon. And I was atempting menacing but will take ugly :) The
hexagon base is created by hinging the sides; made up of three castle wall
sections + 1x1 section to fill in the hing gap. Then a support beam of 5
1X16 bricks are hinged together in the middle and extend to the outside of
each segment. This created a base for the floor as well as locking the sides
into place. Then the floor is made up of various wing plates connected from
the side ledges and the support beam. Inner walls and doorways build up from
the support beam. The from these the pentagon wall are hinged. The second
floor is made of three layers. The first layer is again made up of connected
wing segments. Then the next layer is smooth tiles over lots of it. the
third layer extends from the tower front so thing remain in normal
geometries inside. The top of the tower is also connected from the front and
it rests on a stair section that comes up to the trap door. I hope this
helps some. -Steve

-Steve